Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bulged C5/C6 How long Until Surgery Was Suggested?

Interested to hear from those of you who had bulging disc at c5/c6 and required surgery to heal. From the time you had your MRI/CT and found the problem.. How long did you try conservative treatment before you were sent to surgery? Also, how long were you in pain before you actually discovered 5/6 was bulged? Thanks

• Sue 1965SSue 1965 United KingdomPosts: 115
    Hi Ksage-My problems started in approx 2007 and i have tried everything over the years-my pain came in a series of flare ups that lasted for weeks but then settled down-usually by the time I had managed to get a consultant appointment! The flare ups started to become more frequent however and I decided I could not go on this way and although scared of the surgery-decided to give it a go! I had C5/6 acdf on 211215.Been a rough couple of weeks with more pain that I had before-expected though with what I have read from others experiences-arm pain only bad if I overuse-ie typing-has it worked-honest answer I don't know-I'm not doing anything so think the real test will be when I go back to my job as a bank cashier and start testing my body out! Do i regret it even if it hasn't worked? No-tough as it is-I had to try..
  • Hello, my first MRI was done in 12/2014. In 2015 I had two sets of injections, Physical therapy and medication. I have small children so I only used the medication at night other than IBU. 12/2015 one year later my MRI shows the disc is getting worse so instead of more injections I've chosen to do the surgery. I just want it fixed! I'm sick of the pain!
  • wizardrosewwizardrose Posts: 10
    edited 01/10/2016 - 8:35 AM
    6 mo after is when surgery was suggested. That was 1990. I said no.
    It's 26yrs later & im going in for C1-T2 fusion in a couple of weeks. With today's procedures, I'd have said yes. The tech just wasn't that great until recently. Sadly, the odds for success that bothered me each time fusion was brought up in the last 20+ yrs I haven't escaped by waiting because now it's ALL them.

I wish I could go back to when it was C4/5/6 only. I waited too long, & in addition to dealing with lots of pain, I get to keep it the rest of my life due to other issues that developed too.

Find an orthopedic doc, fix it & enjoy life. Waiting causes a domino effect and lots of other problems.