Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

please if you have time read and replay "my story with spondylolisthesis"

israaiisraa Posts: 18
edited 01/05/2016 - 5:30 AM in New Member Introductions
hi all so am 19 years old i was having and still have this massive pain in my lower back and it sometimes goes down to my left leg for two years and eventually i decided to go to the doctor and i did an x-ray and he said that i have spondylolisthesis but he wanted to see more and to make sure that there is nothing else going down there so i did an MRI, and he said that i have spondylolisthesis stage 4 ...so i will be needing a surgery but because of my age it will be after two years at least until i finish my university ... and he gave me some painkiller and told me to swim .....so i wanted to know more about my case and i really want to know if there is any thing i can do except taking the painkillers my doc gave me .... if any one here have the same as i have and can help me at what i can do or have experienced any thing like it and can tell me Little about there journey i will be really grateful .

thank you all for sharing your stores with us you all really gave me some hope .

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    to provide us with answers to the questions we ask..
    That will help us better understand your situation
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • israaiisraa Posts: 18
    edited 01/05/2016 - 6:24 AM
    hi and thank you but what answers you want me to give you in order to help me ?
    for so far i wrote every thing i know about my situation and i really want any one to help me with what to do i hope no one will have to go throw what am going throw thank you

In your initial thread, I attached a series of questions and statements
    -- Ron DiLauro
  • did i say any thing wrong? sorry if i did i ....
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    please you did not say anything wrong.
    We just try to get as much information from our new members. It makes it easier to have follow on discussions.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • ok am actually not a very native speaker in english, but as i said i have spondylolisthesis in my L4-L5 stage 4 and i have pain in my left leg and my lower back hopefully any one can relate to that but i guess its just a rare case ,and i don't know what i should do about it am just 19 years old and my MRI is like if i was a 60 years old women i don't know why it happened ...thank you for your support and for this amazing site
  • So sorry to hear that you are going through this. I can relate to your situation as I was diagnosed with Grade 4 Isthmic Spondylolisthesis at L5-S1 with stenosis due to a fracture at age 7. This is actually a very common diagnosis and you will find a great article on this webiste about your condition and treatment options. I was able to manage the pain until my 30's with the usual - physical therapy, stretching, heat, ice etc. I had anterior/posterior fusion 4 years ago. The surgery was successful in that my spine is fused however due to the nerve damage and now a herniated disk about my fusion (also very common) I now have what is referred to as Failed Back Surgery Syndrome and my only option is to manage the pain. Everyone is different, however you may be able to work with a team of doctors and pain management to find a balance that works for you.
  • thank you you rally gave me hope i think that physical therapy didn't work with me cuz it irritated my back didn't help me but am thinking about swimming i don't know if i can do that but i think i will have to ask my doc really thank you again you are amazing i hope you get will soon and you will never go through any pain again in your life
    thank you