Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Should i be worried?

g4jnwgg4jnw Posts: 7
edited 01/08/2016 - 5:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a microdiscectomy and decompression in September this year to my 5L/S1, I am a 63 year old male (almost 64)

Initially i still had back pain and sciatic pain but this settled down after a few weeks but this last 6 weeks i have had pins and needles under my left foot to my 3rd toe from my little toe plus hypersensitivity on top of my foot extending to my big toe. (its always been my left side)
This is making me unsteady when i walk, I am having to use a walking stick as its affecting my balance.

I went for a check up at 6 weeks and the Consultant was happy with my progress, Im due for a check up in early February.

The Physiotherapist thinks all is progressing well at my age group - she is also saying it could take up to a year before all starts to feel normal.

The problem i have is the Occupational Health Doctor for work thinks i have reached a plateau so its risking my job situation.

From experience would spine health members think that this is all normal or is it something to worry about, at the moment due to my job I am unable to work and have been off work for just over 6 months.

Please remember that no one at Spine-Health is a formally trained medical professional so not permitted to give medical advice. Everything that is posted here is based on personal experiences and perhaps additional research

Liz, Spine-Health System Moderator