Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoracic Spinal Stenosis?? Anyone else have it?

suzgrantssuzgrant Posts: 3
edited 01/08/2016 - 5:32 AM in Spinal Stenosis
It's been a couple of years since I have been on here and I have only found one person with the same symptoms and now I can not find him. Apparently this is a rare form of Stenosis and I can not find anyone who could help me. I have been suffering now since 2010 but only found out what it really was in 2013 because no Dr. would have thought to xray the thoracic area, it was only discovered by mistake when the tech xrayed a bit higher then normal..

Now I am on Medical leave since Oct 2... uggg... its getting better by so many pain meds.. I am on Tramadol 4 times a day, Lyrica twice a day, Vimox once a day, Tylenol 3 times a day... injections stopped working.. but they want me to go back and retry since its been about a year now. they will not do surgery because of my age ( too young apparently) and I can still walk and I don't have total loss of my bladder..only when I lose one of those they will do surgery. Oh.. the nerve it is pinching can also stop my lungs.. go figure..

Is there anyone else out there that has the same issue any treatment that works for them?

Let me know please!

I think this could be the link you are looking for...

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

• Hi Liz, I've just joined this Forum and I saw your post. I have Hae Spinal Stenosis at T7/8, which I was told is pretty rare as this section is the strongest part of your back, and therefore less likely to have as many problems as the Lumbar and Cervical sections. I also have Stenosis from L3-S1, plus a number of other problems to which I have put in my introduction post. I have never come across anyone else with Thoracic Stenosis in all the groups I've been a part of, you are the only other person I have come across. Nice to meet someone else with this level of stenosis.
  • Yes! It is extremely rare... Out of 16000 patients, only 9 have it in this area. I also have had it. I was a bowler and noticed a sore back after bowling. I'd bowl 14 games a week. Well , a few months of a sore back I went bowling. my first game was a 257 .. My feet went numb. After a month of seeing a gp, the Mri then surgeon, diagnosed with a synovial cyst a t11 t 12. The cyst measured 11 mm.... Spinal cord flattened to 1 mm... My feet and legs felt like they were in buckets of ice.! Very uncomfortable. Then I could not walk normally, numb anus area and penis too! Not fun!. I had surgery 4 weeks ago now. Right after surgery I could walk normal. It seems the numbness, I call " the bees", is getting better slowly...I feel like now instead of numbness, I have instead " hypersensitivity" . Instead of sex lasting 10 minutes, now it's like 2 minutes!. I came here to see ifs the
    numbness goes away...
  • I also have it but had surgery...