Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Woke up with No left ankle reflex??

Hi i am a 28 year old female who went to bed last tuesday as normal and woke up last wednesday with no feeling in left leg. The feelings got better but i still can not feel outer hip, decreased feeling in heel and toes and i have been told i have no ankle reflex at the moment in my left heel. My gp says to wait for 6 weeks to see what happens and so no diagnostic tests thus far and no referrals. I have seen an osteopath yesterday who says she doesnt think its a spinal problem but cant be 100% sure. She thinks i have trapped the sciatic nerve with my muscle in my bottom and so did some deep tissue massage but so far it feels weaker and more numb again.

I had a fall 3 days prior to the numbness starting. With this i did the splits and injured the left leg. 2 gps think this is irrelevant. 1 thinks it is the cause and the osteopath does too.

Do i worry about the lack of ankle reflex as the gps all seemed unconcerned? I know it indicates s1 damage but is this a long term worry?

• In my opinion yes it is a worry. I think we all rely on our GP's to have the answer to everything. When you think how intricate the body is how can one person know everything? I wish the internet had been about, and I had not been so wrapped up in my childrens chronic illnesses that I had paid more attention to my back years ago. I too have no reflexes in lower limbs which Dr's and physios shrugged their shoulders at and still do. I believe I now have permanent nerve damage due to all the years my nerves were trapped. If I could do it all again I would be making much more noise and getting answers. Not sitting back knowing something wasn't right.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History