Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Regarding Lulu's Heart aka Jenny

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
I'm not sure if this is where this goes, but I just wanted to let those who were aware know that Jenny has graciously apologized and I'm grateful that she did. :) We all know that pain can make us cranky and sometimes, myself included, we have knee-jerk responses that aren't necessarily based upon the way things are. So it's important for us to remember that because most of us here hurt all of the time, it's easy on bad days to snap when you didn't mean to in the first place.

I think it was a awesome thing for Jenny to do and I'm glad that she did! I'm not trying to create more drama by posting this, just trying to calm the waters so to speak...

Jenny, I'm happy that things have been settled so to speak and I never wished you ill or anything like that...Know that if you need a shoulder to cry on when the pain gets bad, I'm more than happy to listen to you vent!

And to everyone else, DO NOT FEAR (or maybe you should mwahahahaha) }:) , I'm not going anywhere until some one kicks me off! I'll be more than happy to keep you updated on the soap opera that is my life, lol!

• Very classy for both of you. I'm impressed at the level of compassion you feel, fancy, and also that lulu stepped forward and apologized. Pain can make us do and say things we wouldn't normally do and say. Lulu, it takes a big person to acknowledge a wrong, and I know you are just like the rest of us, living a life of pain and frustration. You both just gained some respect in my eyes!

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • fancypants, you have such a big heart to accept my apology and more important accept me. you made my heart grow bigger today with your graciousness. i don't feel so good about what i said but you have made me feel better to be me. thank you fancypants! Jenny :)
  • Thank you Cindy and Jenny. I do believe you made me blush! Maybe this whole thing was a blessing in disguise, as jenny and I've gotten to know each other a bit better, an opportunity that may not have arisen as our spiney problems are in completely opposite areas.

I've always believed that you should do unto others as you would have them do unto you and that you should also walk a mile in another person's shoes...And since we're all spineys, albeit our pain may be in different areas, pain is something we're all fluent in (unfortunately) and we're all aware of the impact it has upon us, how it can make us act like people we don't even know.

Compassion is one of the best and most prominent features found among most of the members here at Spine-health. I would be completely amiss, not to mention extremely disappointed in myself, if I were incapable of compassion and forgiveness. It was very big of Jenny to apologize like she did and I'm very grateful for her doing it.

I look forward to getting to know Jenny better and as far as I'm concerned, the situation is forgotten. I'm so glad to have found that I've actually touched and/or helped people on this board, that so many of you think so highly of me. Or maybe I'm just high and reading into things that weren't there, lol! ;) I don't necessarily think I'm deserving of such high praise from all of you, but it lightens my heart that so many of you actually care about me! (uh-oh, I'm tearing up! *sniffle)

I'm so glad to have found this board, to have found so many friends that I can rely on in addition to the new ones that I make everyday! I'm glad to be here for all of you and touched to be considered one of your "friends" and a spiney member.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    Nothing I like better than seeing the perfect ending to something that may not have started out as planned.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Both you girls have got me crying now!!
  • I am glad the 2 of you worked this out. It is nice to know we are all grown ups and mature enough to admit mistakes and try and make them right.

Fancy - keep us posted on how things turn out with you and "Mr. Z". ;)

Take care ladies!

• Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How very wonderful that this has happened....thank you both.... :)
  • I too have needed to apologise as my ability to cope at certain times has been tested, I needed to be honest with myself and see that the level and impact of my pain, initiated my less than favourable approach, my wife had to apologise for me at times in the early days and I have learned a more productive approach.

Although my manner and comment may have been understandable is was not acceptable and somewhat upsetting that this was even my last mode of approach, I became someone to avoid on occasions, and was not too impressed with myself.

Nobody intentionally sets out to hurt anyone and as pain patients we understand with some experience how these issues develop, pain does not come with a hand book, it is a trial and error approach.

Well done and good luck