Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post Op Questions to Ask Consultant

Hi All

I am due to meet with my consultant Wednesday for a 2 appointment post Microdisectomy l5/s1 . I am beginning to feel sttonger and walking more but still have a lot of numbness > nerve was pinched for 8 months plus . Large disc % removed during surgery plus lot fragments found inside of protrusion . I have seen an improvement starting around week 5 post op and the pain has receeded a bit . i am still on meds but trying to scale back . my main pain is below scar and to the left and at night i have a shooting /throb along waist line but not going in to thigh . The Other problem i have is calf cramping once i go past 1 km walking and this is hampering my recovery . ive tried using ice packs , checked magnesium levels and take supplememnts do all stretches etc but if i walk too far i am in bits . also sitting for more than 10 mins is torture . I had new MRI 2 weeks ago so i guess the outcome of that will be a priority for discussion but also i need tips or heads up on questions i should be asking at this stage of Recovery.

Please if anyone with experience can help me with Questions that i should be directing to my consultant for post op .

Many Thanks in Advance
Larger paracentral herniation at l5S1 with nerve inpingment
Microdisectomy november 23 rd 2015
Faucet Joint Injections January 2016
S1nerve root block Jan 23rd 2016

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Telling Doctor what you said above, very important, even the supplements that you take.

There is also a post about preparing for consultations that may be helpful to you.
    You can find with search on this site, upper right in page.

Using the search, you may also read from current or older posts, article and or videos.
    Often times when I use search, I have more questions that I jot down for Doctor appointment.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thank you so much this site has been so helpful .
    Larger paracentral herniation at l5S1 with nerve inpingment
    Microdisectomy november 23 rd 2015
    Faucet Joint Injections January 2016
    S1nerve root block Jan 23rd 2016