Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anterior Cervical Spine Fusion

WillyoldschoolWWillyoldschool Posts: 2
edited 01/11/2016 - 9:53 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I had C-Spine surgery in March 2015. They went through the left side of my throat. They replaced the discs between C4-C5, and C5-C6, then fused C6-C7. In August 2016 they diagnosed the disc hardware between C5-C6 slipped and informed me I should have C4-C7 Fusion, which I did on 28 October. They used what looks like a binder clip with 2 screws on one side and 1 on the other when they did the original fusion of C6-C7, so when they went back in to fuse everything they used the same hardware. I am 10 weeks post op, and am having some of the same symptoms I was before the last surgery. Sharp pains above and below the fusion site, and a constant pressure in my C Spine area, with some tingling in my hands. I take 300mg of Lyrica twice a day for almost a year now, which is not helping

I had Xrays today, and got to look at them before I left the Xray facility. From the front, my spinal column looks like I have three binder clips holding everything together, but it is not straight. It looks like I have a slight bit of Scholyosis now. Is this normal?

Thanks, Bill

This is a question only a medical professional can answer. We do not have any medical professionals on the forum side of this site

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator

• Is there a Physician area on this site?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    side of this site (which you are on know) there are only non medical professionals, members who have gone through various spinal problems, treatments , surgeries, etc. Many times their input is so very valuable.

The main side of the site, the major tabs are the medical articles and videos developed and approved by medical staff. They are not there for questions and answers, only to provide detailed information.

There is also a ASK a Doctor feature on the main site that allows members to ask questions to doctors. But it is not a one on one conversation.
    The doctors find specific areas that are very common and provide general answers to the member community.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History