Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Should I see a doctor?

amt314159aamt314159 Posts: 1
edited 01/11/2016 - 2:27 PM in Chronic Pain
I'm only 18 years old and I've had low back pain for probably about four years (I lost track). I'm really not sure why it hurts so much, but it seems to be getting worse. I have been in professional ballet training since I was 8, until about 6 months ago when I dropped to around 10 hours a week. I thought my back would feel better with less ballet, but it's still awful. It hurts sitting, standing, and sometimes it makes it hard to fall asleep. I can't really tell if the pain seems mechanical or not.... It especially hurts when I've been standing a while then sit or the other way around. It is a sort of deep aching at the very bottom of my thoracic spine. Should I see a doctor? Has anyone else had similar experiences? Thanks! :)

Considering that you have had this problem since you were 14 and there is not a lot of improvement, I would say you should be going to your Primary doctor so that they can examine you to see if anything needs to be further investigated

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator


Sign In or Register to comment.