Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Herniated L3-4, Too Young For Surgery...

Chronic pain for over a year now, can't be in any one position for over 10 minutes, pain turns off while in motion, after pressure is applied to the lower back from sitting, standing, laying, the pain returns with intensity.

MRI and CT scan shows herniated disc in L3-L4 but doesn't show if it's pushing on the nerve. I had a nerve conduction study done on my right leg and without knowledge of previous records the doctor saw indications of the disc herniation.

I have spasms in my low back, butt, thighs, calves, feet, sometimes in my upper body, constantly. I have pain in my right leg, numbness, pins and needles in my right foot.

20 weeks of physical therapy did nothing. Chiropractor is afraid to touch my spine at all. Neurosurgeon says surgery won't cure the pain, and I'm too young for back surgery. I feel like the end of my life is closer now. I'm really scared.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    edited 01/15/2016 - 7:47 AM
    Avoiding chiropractor at this time sounds like a good idea.

Curious who is monitoring your pain and symptoms?
    My primary worked with my pain about two years and then referred me to pain management doctor.
    That was best thing for me!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History