Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from California ACDF/instrumentation C3-C6 3-level 6 mos. ago

Had unexpected cervical spine surgery 6 mos. ago. Neurosurgeon said my spinal stenosis was caused by "wear & tear." I remember 30 yrs. ago always feeling like my neck needed to be cracked. Went to chiropractors for years. I remember being in a few car accidents as a crazy teen/early 20s but nothing major. Still, my neck seems to have started its downward spiral years ago...but I had no idea it would lead to this major surgery.

10 years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia but wondering if it's been a spine problem all along?

Last year was beyond stressful. I lost my two remaining sisters to cancer within 6 weeks of each other while trying to focus on my daughter's upcoming wedding. I started to experience symptoms like severe fatigue, headache, muscle pain & spasms, numbness in arms & legs, legs felt so heavy could hardly move, couldn't write, dropping things constantly, incontinence, rubbery legs, weaving when I walked like being drunk. I thought it was "stress". I kept putting off seeing neurologist because too much was happening between the funerals & wedding, I couldn't stop & pay attention to my health.

Finally couldn't stand it anymore & husband took me to ER and after MRI they kept me till neurosurgeon could operate. Said spinal stenosis was severe & I could be quadriplegic if I fell.

Now it's 6 mos. post-surgery. Had x-ray & all seemed fine but dr. wants another MRI since still having some symptoms. A little nervous--can't IMAGINE having to go thru this again, although it probably wouldn't be as bad, right?

Psalm 91