Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone have any experience with CIGNA?

I am about to find out if a two level fusion will be preformed and covered by CIGNA medical insurance. I've read their policy, and it only approves single level fusions for either DDD or spondylolethesis, both of which I have wrecking my lumbar spine. Does anyone know how expensive these surgeries run?

Thanks for reading.

• Each surgeon is different and it also depends on hardware used. A two level fusion, including physician fees, hospital fees, equipment, Hospital fees, etc. can come in anywhere between 20-60K. That's just a ball park from several years ago.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    to get estimates about various surgeries done at various locations.
    I have looked up this type of information from my medical benefit carrier and got a pretty good estimate in terms of surgical prices.
    Plus I also found that while some procedures they identified as not being covered, when I spoke directly to a company representative, I found out that yes, they did cover things
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  •  I had a horrible time getting Cigna  to approve a single level fusion.  I had to jump through so many hoops.  They even made me go to Cognitive  Behavioral Therapy even though I had MRI, CT, Discogram, and 3 different Surgeons saying a Fusion was necessary.  I had to lay here on pain meds for 14 months and go through hell before they would approve it.