Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Saying hi from Ireland

chris71cchris71 Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everbody,what a great site i stumbled across it while trying to find out about microdiscectomy and found the site to be excellent for information on everything i need to know.I had my surgery last Friday in Cork University Hospital in Ireland removing part of L4 and L5 what a relief when i woke,no pain for the first time in ages.I was suffering from sciatic pain down both legs,unable to sleep or lay down or do anything really.Only concern is they had to take more than they wanted from one disc leaving a large hole meaning it could probably relapse again,just take each day as it comes.Now it's lots of walking and getting fit again,hopefully being able to ride my motorbike in the not to distant future.Good luck to everyone and speak to you later.Chris

• and welcome to the forum. You will find so much support and understanding here from all of the amazing members. It is good to know that you have found some relief from your pain....hopefully it will be very long lasting. If there is ever anything that I can do for you then please just let me know.....take care , Miki
  • Thanks! I only wish i'd found this site earlier as it is excellent and will diffentatly be using it throughout the recovery process,thanks again,chris
  • Hello Chris, and welcome to the site! My name is Amanda, and I am fairly new here myself. I find myself logging on every chance I get... as the people here have become such a wonderful support for me. They are always there to help, answer questions, or even just to listen when you feel a need to vent. I'm glad to hear your surgery has gone well, and you are feeling better!! Hope to hear more from you soon,

• Welcome :)
    I'm so glad to hear you have had a very successful surgery. Isnt it great to wake up in less pain then youve had in forever....excellent!
    I hope you continue to get better and better.

Christina :)

• NEw here and welcoming you as well.Congrats and on the successful surgery.

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. congratulations on your surgery. i hope the rest of your recovery goes as well. please keep us posted. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • to the SH forum. I am so glad to hear that your surgery was a success. I had an endoscopic microD back in Dec 07 and it failed. Now I am in much worse pain than I ever was before. I am glad that yours was a success and hope your recovery goes well. BTW- we have other members here from Ireland as well. I will see you around the forum.
  • Thanks for all your welcomes,1 week post op and so far so good walking roughly three miles a day doing the stomach exercises and basically resting the rest of the day.Aloud to gradually start sitting Sunday so another small step in the recovery process.Hope your all making your own progress and good luck.Chris.
  • Welcome to spine-health.....