Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

CT scan of L/5-S/1 of fusion done in Sept 07

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:) Hi all,
I hope this day finds people doing well.
I just had a CT scan done to see if there was fusion at the surgery site.
This is the results:
Pedical screws appear well seated. Bone graft appears generally fragmented at the discs. It also appears fragmented on the right. However there does appear to be solid fusion mass with cortical and medullary continuity on the left.

L3-L4 mild annular buldging and facet arthrosis. mild narrowing of the central canal and lateral recesses.

T12-T1 there is DDD with endplate sclerosis. There is a calcified right disc protrusion. There are aortic atherosclerotic calcifications. There are numerous retroperitoneal phleboliths.

IMPRESSION: Lower lumbar fusion with a solid fusion mass on the left.

Has anyone had a similar report???

To me this means there is fusion on the left but not the right. Also the fragmented part has me a bit concerned.
Will find out more Tuesday the 29th at my appt.
Also had a MRI of my thoracic which are very painful now, but I will post that under thoracic.

Thanks for listening
Terri :)

• but I am anxious to hear what the OS says. I hope it is all good news. Are you still experiencing lumbar pain? Terri
  • Hi hun,
    You do not have to say anything just writing to me is enough!! :) :)
    My lower back seems to of eased up a bit. It is more my thoracic area giving me a hard time. I only get a really deep ache when the pain starts in my legs or I bend to much.
    Will let you know..

Thanks so much!!
  • Terri,

Good luck for your appointment on the 29th. I have to admit that your results sound a bit confusing, but then I am not a doctor, and this is up to the experts to explain. It will be interesting to hear how your doctor interprets these findings.

Let us know, will you?

kin :) :) :)
  • Hi Terri,

This report does sound confusing, but then again they all do to me! It's a good thing that there is fusion present in at least some places, but I guess you need to wait until you see the surgeon to find out exactly what it all means. Good luck and let us know what he says. Take care, Spicey
  • Thanks all for the responses.
    It does sound confusing doesn't it?? LOL
    Would be nice to put in "people" terms. But hey that is why they do it, so we cannot make heads or tail out of it.
    The numerous perionateal phleboliths has me a bit concerned.
    Tried googling it. Possible it means kidney stones. Which is not good for me. The urologist will rip me apart since I have not been there!!! }:)