Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

another hurdle

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well of course another hurdle. This time it is my son. I was trying to finally get up to full time and I am now going to be off the entire week. Bless his heart, just found out today he has impetigo. He doesn't feel bad from it but he has a rash all over. I still don't feel well and I am going to have to pretty much bleach my entire house. FUN especially when it hurts to bend over and clean. Well, we will make it through it. I am never going to make it to full time. Which God may be trying to tell me something.

• I'm so sorry to hear about your sons condition. I hope he makes a quick recovery. Yes, it does make for alot of work but try not to overwork yourself in the process. Get some help if needed.
    As far as not being able to start full time this week at work, I believe that everything happens for a reason.

Take Care,
    Christina :)
  • I am sure there will be more. I am sorry to hear about your son, and I pray he will make a speedy recovery. I'm sure you already have dug for as much information on the condition, but I looked up a page for you, with tips on how to prevent spreading and such: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impetigo

I'm with Cindy, I believe that everything happens for a reason. Maybe you just needed one more week before going back to full time.

Good luck, and take care,
  • Hey Cindy,

Yes, yet another hurdle for you :( Is this why he was feeling poorly last week? Ok, yes you need to bleach your house, but you don't have to do it all in 2 hours, you know what I mean? If it takes you a couple of days or more then that will have to do. It is not worth the amount of pain you are going to cause yourself if you try to do it all at once. Pace yourself and then use the rest of the time to rest as much as you can so you feel better next week.

Take care sweetie, Spicey
  • Thanks everyone. I hope he gets better soon myself. I hate to see all of this happen to him. He can't win. He had colic as a baby for the first 4 months, then chronic colds and coughs, then chronic constipation (on Miralax now), and now this. It has been a rough 1.5 yrs for both of us. Its really hard when he is not feeling well. He wants me to hold him all of the time. Carrying him around causes me horrible pain. I am doing ok on the cleaning. I am working on it slowly. Hopefully we will make it through this quickly. I don't know where he has contracted the bacteria. He goes to daycare so it could be from anything.