Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Arthritis - A long story - does it stop?

I've come to terms on the fact that there is no cure for Osteoarthritis.

The best we can help for (at least now) is to try to slow its progress.

Research was done on my arthritic condition. I didn't show any signs until 2002. I was 52 at the time. I have been through 7 spinal surgeries and the consensus was because of that 'trauma', arthritis started to spread. First in all my joints, then at the L5/S1 area, but has crept up to L2/L3.

The degenerative joints caused by bone on bone was the reason I had to have both of my shoulders and both of my hips totally replaced with titanium implants. Its just a matter of time before I will need to have my knees replaced.

I have used Spine-Health sister site http://www.arthritis-health.com/ so much. The previous social media manager for Spine-Health, Allison Walsh, helped me publish a few blogs about my arthritis condition. Carrie DeVries has helped me with some posts on Veritas's Arthritis Facebook page. Now, a team consisting of Nicolette Kittinger, Jeana Clark and Sean King are working on patient video stories.

All of this is to help make people more aware of Arthritis.

Years ago people thought arthritis was only for the elderly (well, I guess I am in the class now). It was those bent crooked fingers... But its so much more. Its us, those who have been through spinal surgeries that are really in the class to have arthritis start to walk in.

I do my own research, I've tried various herbal supplements. So far, the mixture of Turmeric, Ginger, Hot Pepper and Raw Apple vinegar tonic has helped in reducing some of the joint pain. For me, it has helped just as much as predisone. But by no means am I suggesting that this is a remedy.
I am still looking.

I know people will think I am crazy, but after all these years of chronic pain, I have found that arthritis to be the most troublesome. It effects just about everything you do. The big difference, is that you dont have that intense pain. Its just there all the time lingering.

I think anyone who has arthritis, be it Osteoarthritis, or Rheumatoid arthritis, should visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/ and take a look at the Veritas Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/ArthritisHealth/?fref=ts )

We are not alone and I do believe that my generation has seen plenty of this, our prior generations have seen it also, but our newer generation, I hope that things can move along to find cures. RA being an Immune disorder has medications to help with that, OA, nothing yet.

My Spine has never defeated me, just as Arthritis is not going to defeat me.

The more we know about this disease the more informed we will be when it comes to decisions.

I am just grateful for the progressive and aggressive approach Veritas Health is taking to deal with this disease.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com