Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First Post Op Check-Up

I had my first outing today since the fusion surgery two weeks ago. Doc says everything looks fantastic, stitches are out, and that all the hardware is exactly where it is supposed to be. ..YAAAAAAY! ! I was put on a prednisone taper to help calm the hip/leg/foot pain, so hopefully that will ease these inflamed nerves a tad.
The doc said that I might not be able to start the physical therapy as soon as he'd originally proposed...I was only supposed to have a single level fusion, but upon opening me up, found bilateral pars defect (hence the double fusion). I consider myself lucky in that the problem did not continue to go undetected, as the eventual ramifications from that could have been much, much worse from what I understand.
In closing, my pains may be many, but my blessings are countless!
Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
Firm believer in PMA!

• Congratulations, kid! Keep hanging in there. Glad they picked up the pars thing soon enough. I had a fusion last week and it's also been going great.
  • Photoguy! In that good ol' 20/20 hindsight, I've realized that even though I got SO disappointed after I'd run the gamut of conservative treatments (obviously with the goal of avoiding surgery) which provided temporary/no relief, my functioning would have just continued to deteriorate (possible paralysis, likely loss of bladder and bowel function) without the surgery.
    Which part (s) of your spine were fused? I'm always glad to hear when someone is doing well post-surgery! Thanks for the uplifting message, and I hope your recovery continues to go well!
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!