Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to the group.

Hello everyone, my name is Kelly Venier, I'm new to this site. I have suffered from Spine problems since I was injured in the line of duty when I was a Fire Fighter and Paramedic back in 2002. I have been disabled ever since with L4-S1 Disc Herniations, Spinal Stenosis and Disc Desiccation, I also have Rheumatoid arthritis. I have very frequent bouts with Sciatic nerve Problems. My back problems have got to the point where I have to self Cath to use the restroom. One bad call and my career was over in a flash. I have been fighting to get disability since 2008. After I was diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia. I also suffer from bi-polar, & manic depression. I have a hearing on February 9th for my social security and ssi. I am a single mother and I have a grandson. Does anyone have any hints to getting your disability approved?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I used a Disability attorney. I never even tried to do it on my own.
    I never went to a hearing. My attorney handled most everything.

I started to receive benefits within six months.
    That means my attorney did not receive money for my case.

If it takes longer than six months, there is usually the sum of back pay that you would be awarded.
    The attorney is paid from that. I don't remember the percentage, but I remember thinking it was fair.

So no out of pocket cost to you, which I think is win-win.

For me, the doctors explanations were huge help to me....as they clearly showed my limitations, and also my cognitive issues.
    My psychiatrist's information was also very helpful!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History