Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

shot in the chest with 38

John somoraJJohn somora Posts: 2
edited 01/25/2016 - 7:51 AM in Chronic Pain
It has been over a year now my chest is not limited movement in my left arm I cannot take deep breaths sneeze or yawn without being in severe pain the bullet enter my shoulder and left between the spine and shoulder blade my chest has been numb ever since left side of chest that is I'm looking for doctors or other victims to talk to me and discuss mad that I am on and treatment and and rehabilitation new doctor I I have is telling me that all of the meds I'm taking the slow release morphine the oxy codone amongst many other meds he is telling me that they are the cause of pain and that it is not possible to live on these meds long term it is the only way it gives me enough to get out of bed I have not gone back to work I still have high anxiety and I am NOT healed maybe I never will be but I would like some help from anybody

• How's your brother doing?
    Can't believe what you've been through...I'm so glad you both survived. Did the police catch the men who shot you?
    No wonder you have high anxiety, I would imagine you could do with some counselling after that experience.
    Are you under any type of pain management doctor?
    Please keep us posted.
    Kirsti x
  • I am sorry for what you have been through.
    Have the doctors tried any of the nerve pain medications such as Lyrica, gabaoentin, Cymbalta, topamax, amiltryptaline?
    Since you mentioned nerve damage, those might be something you can discuss with your doctor.
    What kinds of doctors are you seeing?