Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What to expect with Surgeon?

thor510tthor510 Posts: 2
edited 01/24/2016 - 12:43 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello All!

So here's a quick run down of what I have. Disc's L3-L5 are screwed up. L3 is slipped hitting the nerve, L4 and L5 are both torn and leaking fluid. Also, the last vertebrae (between L4 and L5) is pushed forward. I go see a nero-surgeon in 3 weeks and I'm wondering what I could expect. I just received my first spinal injection a week ago and the pain has subsided a little, but it has just been replaced with a pressure feeling. Thank you!

• Look under the FAQ section on the left hand side of the page. Down toward the bottom of the lists, you will find a link to what to expect from a visit with a surgeon, along with questions to ask your doctor, and other helpful links.

• LEKALEE381LLEKALEE381 Posts: 1
    edited 01/26/2016 - 9:43 PM
    Jan 25th I got injection o n my back for trail first and make sure that I do not have any side effects before implanted of pain pump on Feb 3rd.
    I have never been to have pain pump implant. I need your feedback about the pain pump. I'm nervous and scared a bit.
    Thank you ~~ Lekalee381

You will find many threads on the pain pump in the pain management forum

For helpful information please click on link
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Liz -Spine-health Moderator
  • Whatever surgeon #1 says, always get a second opinion. Also, make sure you bring MRI films, CT films, myelogram films, anything but x-rays. They should get this from whomever referred you, but they don't always, so at the very least call & check. If you need them, call wherever you got the study done and make them send you a copy. One of my local places gets kind of cranky about giving out MRI films to actual patients, but it's your study and if you're a pain in their behind they'll fork it over. :)

Unless there's a major emergency, the first appointment is just a consult...they give their opinion, you think about it, and you let them know. One thing I might suggest -- make your second opinion an orthopedic surgeon if the first is a neuro. And make the appointment now because the good ones are booked up for months.

Just my 2 cents. I'm getting ready to have a 3-level fusion and I'm scared out of my mind, but eleven epidurals, four nerve ablations, and a stimulator haven't resolved the problem and I have finally accepted that this is my best option. I hope your appointments go well.
    "There are only two or three human stories, and they go on repeating themselves as fiercely as if they had never happened before." ~Willa Cather