Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I never thought I'd be posting this ......

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
but I CAN NOT TAKE THE PAIN IN MY LEFT THIGH! I am about 10 months post-op and I've been thru many hurdles in the beginning, then I was great!! Now the past few weeks, I have been feeling a bit here, a bit there, but nothing consistent. I would think it was related to cleaning or pms, but today, yikes, my left butt check right thru to my thigh, very hard to explain. I am on vacation down at my mom's in Myrtle Beach with the girls, I really hope this is just an isolated incodent. I am getting nervous...ok I am rambling now..thanks for listenening!!

• that your vacation is being effected with such pain! We are here and glad to listen anytime. If it gets too bad you may want to go to ER and get checked out. You picked a very hot time of the year to visit Myrtle Beach. I am down the coast from it. Please keep us updated if possible. I hope the pain goes away and you are able to enjoy the rest of your visit.
  • hi sweetie,
    so sorry hun that this is happening.
    what about your SI joint??? could it be a possiblity??
    sounds like the pain i was getting before i got the injection.
    you hang in there, try to enjoy as much of the visit as you can!!
    tell mom hi for me.

lots of love & hugs
  • :) be patient and don't jump to conclusions. you probably overdid it a bit, think about it and you know you did girlfriend, and will feel better with some real rest. so put your feet up and take a day or two off till you give things time to settle down. take it easy and let us know how you are doing. Jenny :)
  • Dorothy I am sorry you are having a bad time of it.

DO you think maybe it could be the bed or even chairs you are sitting in while at your mums.

I stayed at a friends last night and really noticed the difference this morning.
    Hopefully that is all it is for you too.

Blessings Sara
  • thank you all so much. i am muh better today, but still getting that front thigh pain. i hate it!!!!! i'm going to just hang out and not do much. thanks for your concerns!!! xoxoxoxo
  • Hi, Sorry I can't read your name very well; I need reading glasses but am not ready :)

What happened to me was that I had sciatica from last year before they did my microdiscectomy. When I woke up, the dagblasted pain was still there. I was told give it time, it's very swollen and irritated. Well, after 2 post op ESI's that failed, and PT, I was sent to pain mgt. Eight months later after the first surgery, I had a fusion.

I still have roaring leg pain and I am on Valium 10 mg to control it. Some people get stuck with sciatica. It is so tender when I touch the area from my hip to the buttocks, and it radiates all the way down to the foot.

I sincerely hope that yours goes away permanently. Take care
  • hello,

Well I had my second surgery 7 months ago. spinal Fusion, L4,L5,L5 & SL. I have developmented numbness in my right leg a few days ago, but I stretch alot and apply ice minimum 3 times a day. I do Pilates, and it helps. So maybe you need to stretch more.
  • Got my PCP to write the order for a TENS unit. That did the trick. Am praying that Medicare lets me keep it since I have more areas to use it on. Have used it on my back, butt, thigh, shoulder and upper back. LOVE IT.