Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hardware removal

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi guys,
I am new to the site ,so Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I am 38 years old and had a fall at my old job back in 99 and since have had 12 surgeries on my low back.l5-s1 and above.I am fused at 2 levels,have the screws and rods and i also have a spinal cord stimulator implanted.After all of this i am still having so much pain now my dr. has decided to take out the screws and my stimulator.The stim worked great at first but for last few months nothing,actually feels worse.
So i was wondering if you all can shed some light on the removal of hardware.Is it outpatent,how long is surgery,how bad is recovery and all that.Also if anyone has had their scs removed,would love some input on that..
Thanks guys and hope you are all doing well

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have certainly been through alot to say the least! i cannot help you with your problem but i do have pain all the time as do many others and perhaps that will give you some comfort. please check the Back and Neck surgery section for some more input. good luck on your upcoming surgery. Jenny :)