Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to the group

MissPiggyMMissPiggy Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Lower Back Pain
This is my story:
I've have enjoyed reading how everyone is there for each other. One can complain and you pay attention while everyone at home is bored with it.
Let me introduce myself. I have had lower back and L leg pain for about 4 years. I had surgery on L4-5 6/06 which ended up just a roto-ruter. I felt some relief for a couple of months, started back to work (cashier)about 6 mos later.The pain has come back full force. My symptoms are L Leg starting from entire L thigh moving down calf and then around the whole lower leg and gts weak with sporatic to constant giving out while walking but I have been able to catch myself and not go down.My lower back feels as if a football is in it. After standing 8hrs. I come home in such pain.
My meds are:
Name Dosage Times per day
Gabapent 600mg 3Xdaily
Tramadol 50mg 3Xdaily
Ambien CR 6.25mg 1Xdaily alt with Zanaflex
Wellbutrin 300mg 1Xdaily
Stresstabs 1Xdaily
Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc 1Xdaily
VitaminC 1Xdaily
Oxycodone 5/325 prn usually 2Xdaily
Zanaflex 1Xdaily alternate with AmbienCR
I tried Cymbalta and it made me too lethargic
MRI Findings 7/08: The alignment and position of the lumbar spine are normally maintained. The vertebral body heights and intervertebral disc spaces are uniform. Disc desiccation is noted at the L3-4 through L5-S1 levels. The tip of the conus is at the T12-L1 level. There are no narrow signal abnormalities seen.

L4-5: There us a broad-based central subligamentous disc protrusion. This causes mild effacement of the ventral aspect of the thecal sac, without evidence of spinal canal Stenosis. The exiting L-4 nerve roots and neural exit foramina appear unremarkable. Mils bilateral fact joint degenerative changes are identified.

L5-S1: There us a small central subligamentous disc protrusion. This causes slight effacement of the ventral aspect of the thecal sac, without evidence of spinal canal Stenosis. The exiting L5 nerve roots and neural foramina appear unremarkable. Mild bilateral facet joint degenerative changes are seen.
Otherwise the remainder of the imaged lumbar levels do not demonstrate any additional abnormality.
Otherwise the remainder of the imaged lumbar levels do not demonstrate any additional abnormality.
1.There is a broad-based disc protrusion at the L4-5 level and a small central subligamentous disc protrusion at the L5-S1.
2.Disc desiccation and posterior element degenerative changes are seen at the levels described.
3.There are no abnormal patterns of enhancement seen
So does anyone have any idea what's going on? Or anything similar?
Sorry this is so long. I promise not to be so lengthy next time.

• Since I'm not a physician, merely a spiney, I can't really comment on the results of your MRI, plus a NS will normally disregard the majority of the radiologist's report and read the films.

What I can say, is that you're in the right place. Thanks for the nice words you have for the forum members. You are never alone when you stop in at Spine Health.

Since you just had an MRI, do you have a follow on appointment with your doc to go over the findings and to come up with a treatment plan?

Everyone's body is different and what may not even make one person flinch, may make another person unable to function. It's hard to say and that's where the hands on of the doc comes in so absolutely necessary.

Glad that you are here, sorry that you are hurting.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Hi and welcome,
    It sounds like you might want a second opinion. I'm sorry to hear you have these problems. It's obviously very serious or they wouldn't have you on so many drugs. Girl how do you work, between the pain and drugs Your one tough cookie.
    Good luck, Jim
    p.s. try posting this over in back surgery section
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Misspiggy. You are pretty tough to be able to work with the pain and all of those meds! Especially working with money. my concentration is nearly zip anyway. I would hate to be handling cash!
  • I take 1/250 perc(and other meds)with lunch to digest better it helps the pain so I CAN concentrate. I did take my night meds just as I was leaving for work one day. I felt really weird and realized what I did just I got to work. I went straight to my super and they drove my car and me home for the day with no questions asked. I do take extra precaution with my till.
This discussion has been closed.