Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9 months post op questions.

My neurosurgeon who did my surgery isn't in my network and I have only had one follow up with him since my surgery 9 months ago. My primary Doctor won't answer my calls and I can't even get referred to a neurosurgeon in my network.

My lower back had a L1-L4 lumbar fusion and I am worried of getting a non fusion.

How will I know if my surgery wasn't successful? And would my surgery be considered a 4 level surgery(L1-L4)?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Have you made an appointment to see your primary for assessing, guiding, and or reassuring you?

I have not had spinal surgery.
    But I have read on this site, that often times, post op patient is referred to pain management doctor for further monitoring of spine and symptoms.
    As often time, when surgery is complete and after post op exam by surgeon, his work is done.

Would you be able to ask primary if referral to pain management would be beneficial to you?
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 719
    The only way to know if you have properly fused is to see a doctor and get some X-rays or a CT scan. From your explanation It sounds like you've had a 3 level fusion.
    Harry - 62 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015