Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve roots block faild

Hello to everyone!I I had don two weeks ago,Nerve roots blocks with fluoroscopic guidance.From few days,the pain has reached a level 6 wich sometimes is going to 8 and no signs that it wants to descend...My diagnosis is Markedly degenerative lumbar spine,I had don this nerve roots block in 4 different places(was extremely painful).I had done before(september) en epidural steroid wich was made in my coccix which instead of helping,he left me with the greatest pain plus inflammation in coccix.(since then I had to quit my job).Now,I had this one which again,instead of helping me ,it left me again with much more pain...Looks like each intervention leaves md with more disability.Can someone tell ms please what's next?I hope that they do not put me to repeat the nerve roots block ..I should ask to have a surgery?Thank you

• Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Do you tell your doctor that the pain is worse after the injections? I would rely on their expertise in this area. I have had very similar responses as you when I've had injections in the past. Not only do they not help, but they generally make the pain significantly worse. Not sure why that is the case for some unlucky people like us. I hope you find the answers and relief you are looking for. 
    1 1/2 years chronic pain in butt, hip, and sometimes low back. 7 steroid injections (piriformis, s1, si joint, hip joint). Hip labral repair arthroscopic surgery 12/2015. Sciatic neurolysis 12/2015.