Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ganglion cyst removed from right wrist

Hey everyone,
I know this isn't related to any of the spinal issues we all deal with but I need some advice. Monday morning I had a fairly decent sized ganglion cyst removed from the inside of my wrist. I have dissolvable stitches and a 'soft cast' which are to be removed 9th February and then steri-strips and another bandage applied for 7 days after that.
The problem I'm having is I keep getting a cold damp feeling right over the site of the stitches, it's making me think it's bleeding (a fair bit too!) Theres no blood dripping down my hand or arm and there is no blood soaking through the bandage but it's just a weird sensation.
As I'm not due to see the nurse until 9th February I don't know what to do... Help?!
Also does anyone else think 15 days is a long time to not have a dressing changed? The last thing I want is an infection.

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 728
    Years ago I had a cycst removed from my back and the dressing was changed everyday for the first couple of weeks.
    Harry - 63 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
  • Was this a sebaceous cyst? I too had one of these removed from my cheek.
    I don't want to change the dressings myself because I'm worried it won't be sterile and I really don't want to risk infection. I did ask my GP today who said it should be fine as long as there is no sign of infection. However id say leaving fresh stitches for 2 weeks without changing the dressing would be risking infection even more?