Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Alternative to Opana

skyhunter71sskyhunter71 Valparaiso, Indiana, USAPosts: 17
edited 01/30/2016 - 8:12 PM in Pain Medications
I have been taking Opana ER 30 mg 2x day, along with Percocet 10/325 3x day, Neurontin 400 mg 2x day, Amrix 30 mg 1x at night, Lyrica 75 mg 2x day. My insurance company screwed me this year by lowering the maximum prescription benefit, so that I will only have enough prescription payout to get Opana ER through July (Opana costs about $700/mo.). This means I will have to find an alternative, and fast. Is there anything comparable to Opana that is a 12 hour extended release med, and has a generic? Opana has really been a miracle for me. It truly allows me to lead a somewhat normal life. Without it, I wouldn't be able to leave the house most days. Before Opana, I was taking MS Contin (extended release morphoine) 3x a day - Opana worked MUCH better for me, and only 2x per day. HELP

• Oxymorphone by Global pharmaceuticals. It costs me 5.00 a month.

• I also take generic Opana which is Oxymorphone HCL ER 20mg I have had both the impax labs (global pharm) and the actavis brand. I personally prefer the Actavis brand I feel they work better for me. These regardless of brand cost me only $1 for 90 which for me is a month supply. The one problem with getting these is your doctor needs to fill out your script to only say Oxymorphone HCL ER whatever dose. The generics are non-ab rated and if the script says opana on it at all the pharmacy will not fill with the generic even if the generic ok is clicked. Some doctors refuse to prescribe these because they are non abuse deterrent like the name brand. But if you have a good history you shouldn't have a issue. These pills are a life saver for me to live day to day! Good luck please pm me if you have other questions.
    L5-S1 anterior/posterior 360 fusion Aug 2013
    Grade 2 spondy, Severe DDD L5-S1
    L4 Facet arthritis
  • skyhunter71sskyhunter71 Valparaiso, Indiana, USAPosts: 17
    Thanks Bentech. They are a life saver for me as well. The thought of not being able to have this medication scares me. I will probably PM you this week sometime with questions.