Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am in a train of pain!

My lower back hips front thighs down to toes in terrible pain. Right is much worse and extends into pelvis. There is a nasty pinching lower right where anchor screw is too.
I have been off pain meds for so long and have been dealing with this newer pain issue for a while. I even went back to PT because of pain and limb weakness. Finally a few hours ago I could not stand the pain , 10 on the scale, and took an oxicotin and anti neausa. I cried and shook so bad from tis terrible pain and just wanted my legs gone. Fyi I delivered 2 babies with 0 meds and it was cake compared to this. I felt pretty close like I did pain wise after waking from the back surgery in screaming pain. My husband has been helplessly watching me try and deal with the new occurences while I try and move through the pain. I am now scared something is very wrong. 3 years removed from surgery and this is not where I should be. It almost feels like something is moving around in there. I am going to call my surgeon in a couple hours and see what he suggests. He is a couple hours away from me, not that it matters. I am messed up a bit on the meds now and do not like this at all. I pray I dont throw up but fighting it for sure. These last few days the pain level has been high enough making me neasous but now add the narcotic. I am super upset over this and just want to sleep but unable to. My husband said maybe some nerves woke up. Idk because my doctor said nerves heal slow but after 2 years what is...will be. He didnt mention 3. I am trying to stay strong and not over react either but this pain is unusual. I am also having neck and mid back pain some dizziness.....see those are more minor but feel like I am noticing them as well. Normally I have muscle spasms and tightness. Also my regular nerve pain that is a constant. These new symptoms though really got me! Ugh I feel awful and the pain medicine is just taking the smallest edge off while making me puke...
Live, love, laugh, it could always be worse.

• Found out most of upper back and neck issues are looking like their due to a Chiaris problem. Having an MRI to confirm. Low back well some nerves are waking up and sending false signals. My fusion is perfect thank goodness. Also have to have a cat scan of neck. So still trying to deal with pain, neausa, dizziness, and other very annoying symptoms.
  • Could the Chiari problem also be related to your 2 spinal cords?
    Keep us posted :)
    Kirsti x
  • Titanium spine queenTitanium spine queen CTPosts: 44
    edited 02/03/2016 - 4:01 AM
    Kirstij79 said:
    Could the Chiari problem also be related to your 2 spinal cords?
    Keep us posted :)
    Chiaris is seen in some who have spinal bifida, which was where my spine was headed in the womb, and in some scoliosis patients. Thank goodness mine did not reach that state.