Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anterior thigh pain?

I've been dealing with sciatic pain for about a year now. I had a herniation at l5-s1 from volleyball that was corrected with surgery this past summer. The back pain and sciatic pain (running down the back of my left leg) returned around September, even though the MRI taken in October showed up normal besides some minor disc degeneration and my scoliosis. My surgeon's having me do another spinal injection before we consider fusion.
Anyways, for the past day or two I've had a weird sharp pain on my left anterior thigh. It's about midway down the thigh and nearer to my inner thigh than outer thigh. I've never had this kind of pain before. It's a stabbing pain that happens every few seconds. I'm not sure whether to call it radiating or not. It certainly doesn't travel down my leg like the sciatica from l5-s1 does. My foot is fairly numb, a little more than usual, but nothing horrible. It doesn't hurt when I push down on the area.
Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Or have any idea what it might be? haven't changed anything as far as activity level. I'm still on the same medications, except for gabapentin, which was added about two weeks ago
Clara Petrofsky

• DutchWensDDutchWens New ZealandPosts: 6
    My thigh pain turned out to be from nerve compression at L2L3. It also caused problems with my foot. Both lots of pain were relieved by a discectomy and nerve decompression. Sady two years later  I now have to have nerve decompression at L2-L3-L4-L5 with instrumentation and fusion.