Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help! Severe pain after radiofrequency ablation!

Hopeful922HHopeful922 Posts: 8
edited 02/01/2016 - 2:13 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi,

I had a RFA from C2-C5 a little over a week ago. Since the procedure, I have had an increase of pain and very painful jolts along the side of my head and neck. I am unable to move my head without severe pain. It feels like I have these electrical strings along the side of my head/neck. In addition to these electrical jolts, I have the sunburn type feeling and spasming. I am unable to drive or do much of anything else. Has anyone else experienced these painful jolts? If so, what did you do (ice, heat, meds)? I have tried contacting my pain dr but to no luck. Please help!
advertisement

Comments

• Yes I had my RFA 4 weeks ago and I still don't feel better I feel worse actually.  Im so sorry you are going through this I am trying to get answers too. Not sure about the electrical jolts but Im having burning stabbing throbbing pain seems like the exact place of the ablation.  the burning does dissipate slowly.  My meds barley help when my pain level is at it's max, like tonight for instance.  Earlier today I went to my Dr. and it was a sharp pain from My Occiput -C7