Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic pain is just getting so bad

rtconant1rrtconant1 Posts: 348
edited 02/02/2016 - 7:23 PM in Chronic Pain
I was on here regularly a few months ago with updates on my issues. I had acdf on C5/C6 in Sept 2014. I suffered with neck pain and headaches for years before my surgery before I got doctors to finally listen and take a look and by the time they did, they had to do surgery and the damage was irreversible. I now have permanent damage to my spinal cord and my nerves in my neck along with entrapped nerves in my elbows. I still have bulging discs in my neck above and below the fusion. I suffer from daily migraines that I thought were getting under control somewhat after an IV infusion in December. I was also recently diagnosed with reynauds phenomenon that is getting worse all the time. I take so many medications( gabapentin, nortriptaline, zonisamide, ) a day to deal with this all and the all over pain is getting worse. I hardly sleep at night because of the pain. I was on cyclobenzaprine 3x day as well until a couple months ago when the nurse at work issued me a warning about me being on it while working after an incident at work when a overhead door malfunctioned and it came down and hit me on the head. I weaned myself off of it because I was told I could get fired if I was drug tested and found that I was taking it at work. Mind you all, I don't operate any PIV or machines. I got a minor concussion from it according to my neurologist. Because of financial reasons, I had to cut down on my doctor visits at the end of the year because they didn't want to see me unless I could pay my bill first. Nice, right? With the wide spread pain, I don't even know who to call, my PCP, my Neurologist, the physiologist. What they are going to even do about it. I don't even know if there is anything I can do about it. The pain is the worst in the evening, during the night and morning. Its bad enough that I don't feel like eating. I just need to relate to someone else going through this.
Tracie C

• LauritaLLaurita Posts: 16
    edited 02/03/2016 - 12:05 PM
    I feel your situation; I have moderate to severe chronic pain for 6 yrs after failed fusion and now 2 massive revision surgeries.
    No help from doctors for the muscle/nerve pain; acupuncture did nothing. So I have discovered a few ways to escape temporarily from my pain and I do them every day. I lie flat and do deep breathing, and I use a fantastic infra-red heating pad
    in a chair with total spine support. I follow a rigid schedule in spite of being home all the time; I take a nap every afternoon which is somewhat rejuvenating. Please know you are not alone and thanks for sharing your story.
  • Thank you for your response Laurita. I haven't quite found what works to help with my pain yet. Some things help for a while and then they don't and then I am stuck trying to find another way. My job feels like it is killing me some days. I feel I cant focus and physically its making me hurt. I started using Essential oils to help with some of the muscle tightness pain which does help some and its natural.

It does help that I am not alone. It can be very isolating with all of the pain.

Tracie C