Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic Pain

I've had a few spine surgeries & ive not been able to get rid of the residual pain that goes with it. C5/6/7 & 2 @ the L3-4 area.

I'm not sure if it's scar tissue or just the fact that my body was invaded in areas that my body can't take?? Didn't like.??

I've tried so many things to get the focus off my pain & some do work but during the day I can only do so much & then I have to rest with ice. I'm still on hydromorphone but have been reducing with the help of my Pain Dr & my GP. I'm very close to being off that stuff but I'm on so many other meds and often it doesn't numb all the pain.

Currently I am jogging in the water at the pool. I put a floaty belt on & use styrofoam Dumbbells to help with the arms. I also do restorative yoga & the has helped but also hindered if I've stretched too much. And just general walking but limited most times.

Does anybody have any advise?
Or how do you deal with your chronic spine health?

Any advise is appreciated.

• Hi Tinkz44,
    I'm Laurita, and you can read my profile. Chronic pain for 6 yrs after 4 back surgeries. Aquatherapy is great - keep it up. Stretching can be unreliable (sometimes causing more pain), so be ready to modify all your movements & postures. Don't stay in any one position for more than 1/2 hr. I do isometric exercises periodically throughout the day for the abs and glutes. Make sure your back is well-supported when exercising. I also find walking can be difficult & painful, so I sometimes opt for walking in place. Remember no BLT (bending, lifting, twisting). You may also like topicals for pain such as arnica, menthol, & juniper creams. Hope this helps. :)
  • Lauretta, I read your profile..... That sucks! I feel for your& hope you get some answers soon.
    I'm going to Pain Clinic again today to get another injection. This will be my last I think. I don't want the muscles in my low back turning to mush.
    Then next week he's going to work on my neck.
    Went for a walk yesterday with one of my support group buddies. We usually go for coffee with a few more but the others couldn't make it. I like being around people that understand the pain I suffer cuz they're in the same boat. They have their own issues and we talk it out.
    I do try to swim about 3-4 x's a week but this week might be a bust cuz I went Monday
    Didn't go Tues. today I have a few appts before I go get injection. Then 24 hr wait before shower, bath, swim etc.
    I'll go Friday but I'm disappointed that i'll have only gone twice this week. Walks are ok but I don't walk fast enuff to strengthen my body. I do need to lose about 10-15 lbs but overall am quire muscular. I was just born that way. But I kept it up before my journey of pain. Now 55 & mush. Lol yikes!! Heading to Mexico soon but almost don't want to go. So many opportunities for more pain. Airplane seats, cobbled stone roads, different surroundings & easy to misplace footing and BAM!! More pain! Yikes again!
    But hopefully the heat will help. If not then I may start drinking tequila.....and I don't drink hard liquor least of all teq.
    Well I better get up now. It's 9 here noon NY time.
    Great chatting with you! I do feel for you tho.....