Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

leocat46lleocat46 Posts: 125
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My ortho surgeon has scheduled me for shoulder arthroscopy.
Aug. 21st , is as soon as they could get me in. As you know my NS, had ordered 4 wks. of PT. , never even got to work on me. my OS appt. was today. and he wants to get my shoulder taken care of, he said there is a chance that taking care of shoulder , rotary cuff tear, etc. might help with some relief from my neck. Herniation will still be there but it could help. so i have someone who is doing something to start. we will have to play everything else by ear from there. he said i will be a arm sling 6 wks., left for me, that is one good thing i am right handed. then 6 more wks. of slowly being able to raise it. it is a slow process, like the spine. so i am looking at least probably thru the holidays. it seems so far . I then will know where i stand for my neck . i go back next wk. for more instructions, order lab work,etc. so being a neckie and a shoulder person is no fun. don't know which pain is coming from where!!!!! wish me luck , its not for a few wks. but at least i have a date. i will be around thanks for listening LEO :O

• Good luck, Leo,

Hope everything goes well at your next appointment.

Take care,

• I have had three surgeries on my shoulder. First one the rotator cuff was "ruffled" so he trimmed it. Other shoulder the cuff was torn so he trimmed it. Pain came back and so I had another doctor do the surgery. He said he cleaned it out and that the next time it would have to be replaced. Don't want that as I am a total righty and guess which shoulder it is. I went back to him when it was hurting again and it was not my shoulder - it was my neck. So one could relieve the other and you will want the shoulder when and if you had neck surgery.
    I didn't have tooo much trouble with the surgeries except for cutting meat and going to the potty. Said I was a total righty. You don't want to wait too long on the shoulder as it could quickly become much worse. Goodluck and keep us posted.
  • I hope everything works out for you Leo.

Take Care and Best Wishes,

Christina :)
  • Good luck and glad that you are on the path to getting some relief.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.