Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

feel like i am sinking

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Depression and Coping
I feel like i am in a big lake treading water and i am starting to give out. I have been hurt since the end of may and now my IC has decided they arent going to cover me seeing my dr anymore. They dont agree with him on that i should be off work totally. I cant help what they believe. All i know is i am tired of hurting. It effects EVERY part of my life. My marriage is strained because my husband feels that it is him why we arent intimate. IT isnt. IT is the pain. I dont think there is a time when some part of my body isnt hurting. between my arm, shoulder, wrist, hand, fingers, neck, upper and lower back and my legs somthing is always hurting. I am worried that i will be like this for the rest of my life. We cant get me the treatment i need because of my company saying NO. how flippin fair is that?! To stop my treatment dead stop. I cant get my pain meds or anything. I cant see another dr because no one will see me because it is an open workers comp case. I dont know how much i have left in me to fight all this. We cant even get more testing done! I have to see their doc, which isnt a problem on the 31st it will take till mid august to get those reports back. I dont see how the company can legally stop my treatment. I dont care about the money or whatever right now, all i want is my life back! To be able to sleep in my bed, heck to be able to sleep thru the night, to be able to take care of my home, to drive or ride more than 30 miles without being in excruciating pain! To be a wife to my husband. I pray daily for strength. I am just so tired. and no where to turn it seems.

• it is sad when you are left dangling from what you thought was a secure situation. if you can go to the local workmens comp ombudsman,they are the middleman who is supposedly there to protect your rights. Also put out feelers to any local representation(legal) to ensure you of your real and open options. Dont give up.workmens comp is a shee dog when they choose to be. my case is open,but they wont pay a penny,so.. that means that yes they are supposed to care for me,but no they are not,so on paper i have no way to see a doctor outside of the system, i got help throught he county,yes i am an indigent, such a low and demeaning term isnt it,it means i cant pay my own way,i havent worked for a year at any worthwhile job, my income has gone from close to 40K a year, to 1K income tax and tax rebate check thats it, the system is broken and too many holes to plug in this vast dirty toilet we call the w/c/system.and ssi? ime not hurt enough, so???
    dont give up, you have many rights and things left to do, seek legal opinions you may have a case for dtpa,or bad faith.good luck to ya
    your never alone K?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I know that the whole WC system sucks and on top of it feeling as if you've lost control of your life is the pits. But, remember many of us here have gone and continue to go through the same things.
    I don't know your history, how long have you had pain issues, have you had surgery? Do you have a supportive family? You say your marriage is strained, can you sit and discuss things with your husband? Can you explain that with the pain (and meds if you are on any) it is difficult to even think about stitting for more than a few minutes. Sometime I have found that talking things through at a time when we are both relaxed has helped my husband and I both.

Just know that you are not alone and we all have our ups and downs. Writing about it can be helpful, so keep in touch.
  • Thanks all,
    My injuries are my left leg, right shoulder, r arm, r wrist, r hand and fingers , my neck and back.
    I have been under my doctors care then they just STOPPEd authorizing the paymetns to him because they dont agree that i should be off work. I am on vicoden and rilafin daily. Thru xrays we know that i have degenerative cerivcal arthritis and disc disease c6-c7. And that there is some narrowing. My dr submitted a referral for me to see a pain management but the company turned it down. I cant sit very long, stand very long, i have to continually change positions because doing either of those hurt my neck and atleast some part of my back. Intese headaches. My right shoulder burns as well as my arm if i use it often. I have to take breaks alot to try to do the simpliest things. I have so much weakness in my right side, i get pain in my chest , exhaustion, weakness and unsteady when i walk. i know use a cane for stability because the injury caused me to fall at home awhile ago. my knee just gave out from pain after i did my stretching that my old pt had me doing. so many things going on. i cant drive or ride longer than a few mintues without having bad neck pain and back pain. My arm will hurt too.
    My husband is great, he does what he can to support me. But it is frustrating for him to see me in so much pain and be so limited on what i can do. He tries to listen. But i am only human and i am cranky sometimes because of the pain.
    Our inimate lives are non existant because it would cause me to much pain. He tries to understand , but all in all i dont feel like a woman anymore. I sleep on the couch often bbecause i wake up all the time from pain and i dont like disturbing him. Besides it is more comfortable on the couch right now.
  • :) hi! perhaps now is the time to find some ways to bring touching back into the relationship without all the physical demands of sex. whether being older or being together 27 years we both are willing to do handrubs, or headrubs or cuddling in order to keep that intimacy in our relationship. you hurt anyway so whether you lay in your husbands arms or on the sofa for awhile can't matter much. i get pillows, put them in the crick of his arm and lay out across the bed or however i need to lay. i can rub his hands from there, he can rub my head, we have access to each other without the physical demands of sex. i don't know if that will help you any but it has kept us close in alot of ways every couple needs. i understand you say you hurt all over so just grab hold of him when the pain lets up a little and don't let go. i understand completely about wanting to sleep together. it may be only an hour or so before my husband heads for the spare room but we manage some close time together each night. like you i am usually up all night and my husband needs his sleep. i hope this will help you some and get those lines of intimacy open again. if all else fails, take a pain pill and fall asleep in his arms for a few hours while he watches tv. good luck on your insurance issues. it looks over whelming now so it can only get better. Jenny :) :)