Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tae Kwon Do Tournament Results

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:20 AM in Good News
:) I just got home from an extremely long trip with my boys. We drove from NJ to Toronto for an International TaeKwon Do world cup competition. It took me most of the next day to recover from the ride.
My oldest is a III Dan (black belt), my 17 year old is a I Dan and my little guy is a yellow belt. The big boys had training seminars for a couple of days and two days of competition. They have been participating at the international level for quite a while and have friends from all over the world (literally). They spent time sightseeing with friends from South Africa, Italy, Germany, Maylasia and more. These kids are all in the same competition level and fight well in the ring, but are friends outside it. There were 20 countries represented. Some of the competitors are from countries that are government sponsored. Some, Russia, Kashakstan, and turkey come to mind, are not as social during the off time. I always tell my boys how lucky they are to know so many different people from so many cultures.

The results are: My oldest placed 4th in patterns and sparring ( only medals for 1st - 3rd) He is also part of TEAM USA and they came in 4th in sparring.
My 17 yr old placed 3rd in paterns.
My 6 year old placed 2nd in patterns and 3rd in sparring....he loves showing off his medals!

This is my oldest and a Master from Maylasia

My 17 yr old with a friend from Ireland

My little guy

Just had to brag....
Anna
advertisement

Comments

• My daughter (5 1/2) is also taking Tae Kwon Do. She started a few months ago and really enjoys it. She tests for her yellow belt next week.
  • I'm sure your boys are so proud!

I practiced Tae Kwon Do for many, many years. My ex-husband owned a studio and I lived and breathed it. We did traditional style while it looks like your boys are doing olympic style. No matter- it's all amazing.
    I can't stress how good it is for parents to get their kids into some form of martial arts. It makes them better people in so many ways, as I'm sure you know. There is no better way to prepare them for life.

Please congratulate them for me :)

Griff
  • I love watching the kids test. They are always so proud of their new belt!
    Good Luck to her.
    Anna
  • Griff,
    We are part of the Global TaeKwon Do federation, it is a traditional style that stresses the art of TKD not just fighting. It was founded by Grand Master Park Jung Tae.

WTF is the one I know of that stresses fighting first and follows the olympic rules more closely.

I agree that Martial arts, under a good instructor, is wonderful for kids. We have been involved for over 15 years now, and we still love it as a family!
  • to you and your babies....I know hwo wonderful it is to have your kids in martial arts. My 12 year old is l Dan with the United Tang Soo Do Federation and before that he was with A.T.A and left there as a green belt gold stripe...we left because their after school program over shadowed the arts and they couldn't ever keep an instructor. He was also proud of himself for every goal reached...and we couldn't have been prouder ourselves. So I know you must be about to bust....so once again CONGRATS hon.... :)
  • Thank you so much. As a Mom I can't help braggin about my guys. My son put his one fight on youtube, even though he lost, he fought real well. I thought it was funny he didn't put one of the three fights he won on. He said he fought better in this one! I was very happy that he was more concerned with his ability to fight using good technique, rather than just winning.

FYI my son is in black gear...and the crazy lady yelling is me.

It amazes me that some people have the mind set that Martial Arts are for violent people. I have come accross those on occasion that can't believe I allow the boys to compete in fighting matches. I try to explain that when the tournament is run well, and the competitiors are trained well....there is no need for them to be overly agressive, light contact is just effective.

Congratulations to your son for sticking with it and becoming a I Dan, that in itself is quite an accomplishment.
    Anna

• I just found out that my 17 year old will be testing for his II Dan in September!

I am very proud!
  • great pictures. They sure take me back. I loved Tae Kwon Do..I loved doing the roundhouse and broke wood with both my hand and foot...uuuuh-yuuuuh..

Tae Kwon Do sure came in handy as self-defense for a woman. A stranger L) approached me on the street once from behind and strongly grabbed both my shoulders. I believe he was trying to put me in his car... L) I was able to use a move to break free of his grip and run to safety. #:S He was about 1 foot taller and maybe 80-90 pounds heavier.. :T jade
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.