Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

davedave Posts: 860
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Its taken me a little time to extract my posts from my former fusion thread on the old forum. Several members have asked me to do this and I have obliged their request by creating a personal blog of my fusion recovery and now my hardware removal / revision surgery. I've included a link to the blog in my signature and here

This is just a journal of my progress. I've tried to keep a record of where I stand so I can review it when I'm feeling a little frustrated. The past few weeks for me have not been pleasant as I work through some new issues. Its ironic that my hardware recovery which seemed like a breeze in the beginning is now almost a mirror image of my fusion surgery last year.

• I see your x-ray looks a lot like mine does now. I am on my 2nd surgery still in soft collar, had my 1st fusion 2 years ago febuary 14, yea Valentines Day, I had levels C5-C7 fused, and then my 2nd surgery in april the 8th, had levels C7-T1 fused and now I am having pain in my neck in the area of the base of my skull and pain sometimes radiates up into my head, then also burning sensation in the lower part of the neck and upper back and then in my left shoulder-down my arm again. The doc. is trying to treat it as muscle spasms with flector patches and tramadol for the pain, but now I am noticing a lot of twitching and when I am typing or trying to do anything I seem to start shaking a lot and my arms feel weak, like when you have too much caffine. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this, I have been doing this treatment for about a week and a half and it don't seem to be getting better, they said if it don't work they would do a MRI or Cat Scan, I am just so tired of going through surgeries, this last one made 4 in 6 yrs time. Hope someone can give me some insite on an end to surgeries or let me know if this is common. I was told that I have DDD.