Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS Problem

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Pain Management

I'm trying to see what some other SCS people think about this situation. I've had my SCS implanted since 5/29/08. I've been careful not to bend, twist or lift more than 5 lbs.

I had to recharge my unit today and went to the dentist for some xrays. I called Tech Support and they said this should be OK as long as the stimulator is turned off which it was. For about the last 3 days I've seen the "Advanced Bionics" logo screen, the screen w/the serial# and the "system test" come on. I didn't think much of it at the time, only that I would probably see the "need to recharge" message soon.

A few hours ago, I felt a strong stimulation in my right chest out of the blue when my back program was on. I haven't felt this kind of stimulation before. My leg program is also feeling different. I turned off the unit and called Tech Support. When he tried to help me over the phone, I told him I was seeing the logo & "system test" screens again. He said I shouldn't be seeing those and that he'd have my rep get in touch w/me. I called my rep since I had his number and he said he'd have one of his programmers call me tommorrow.

What do you all think of this? Is the reprogramming process just like what it was at the trial & perm implant?

My body must think it's Friday the 13th. On top of this, an old root canal in a bridge is acting up and I just found out that I may have to have everything redone. It's only 1 1/2 yrs old! I'm also having company tommorow. :(