Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Very down today

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Depression and Coping

I've had a bad day. I had to have my SCS reprogrammed today. I had the perm implant on 5/29/08. To my surprise, I found out that my leads were way out of position. I have been very careful about moving & lifting. I have been asking for help a lot and that's hard for me to do. The programmer did something to get it some stimulation but it doesn't feel the same. I may have to have surgery to get it back in position.

I went to DH's 20th high school reunion last weekend. The remote started acting funny a few days later. I started getting bad chest pain last night. Apparently, speakers can pull the leads out of position. I knew to watch out for MRIs but not this.

On top of everything else, I found out yesterday that I'll probably have to have a root canal & bridge redone from about 1 1/2 years ago. Just what I need!

I could really use some support! :(

• So sorry LuAnn. Sounds like you are having a really bad time. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Best of luck to you.

• I hope you feel better soon,i have had root canals,no fun...take care
  • Thanks, Bigcat!

Hopefully after this, things will calm down! :)

• Sorry your dealing with so much...hang on the best you can. Heres a joke to make you smile:
    When I asked a friend the secret of his 52 years of marriage, he replied....
    We never go to sleep angry.
    That's a great philosophy...I said.
    Yes, he said And the longest we've been awake so far is 5 days!
    (from Life in these United States/Readers Digest 8/08-Don Bolden, Burlington N.C.)

• I am sorry that you are having a bad time of it. We are here for you and if there is anything that I can help you with then please feel free to PM me....you will be in my thoughts and prayers.....take care....Miki
  • Thank you all for all the notes. They mean a lot to me.

• DH was going to take DD (5 1/2 yo) to Tae Kwon Do this morning to make up her class she missed because of my problems. I told her school in late May that I was having surgery & really needed to find her a Sat. class. This was listed in Apr as a Sat. class. They agreed in May she could come on Sats. if needed. She got turned away today & was told she could only come on Mon. & Weds or Thurs only. This was by the person who earlier said she could come on Sat.

It's hard for me as parent to see DD turned away from a class (that we're paying good money for) when were given permission for her to attend. They keep changing their story about if she can attend Sats. if needed. It looks like I'll have to have a conference w/the school and possibly find a new school. :(
  • martial arts school...I have over 5 years dealing with them...my 12 year old is a l Dan Black Belt. Anyway , always get it in writing , that way you can show it to them when they have a memory lapse. If this is the only problem that you are having with the school at this time then you may want to hold off looking for a new school , atleast , until you talk to the Master or owner of the school. Good luck sweetie , let me know if I can do anything to help... ;)
  • That's a good idea to get it in writing. Maybe Master just has a bad memory. I hope we can work it out. Master is good w/the kids & DD is about to test for her yellow belt this Fri. (8/1). DD is also very adverse to change.

Right now, there's a rare need for the Sats. I'm usually able to get her to the regular class. I just had an emergency this week & it looks like I'll have to another surgery to fix my SCS. At least the tech got it where I'll get pain relief until the surgery.

With the luck I'm having, it looks like maybe I shouldn't buy a plane ticket for Vegas right now. ;)

My mood is starting to turn around--barring any other issue. Miki, you & everyone else here are the greatest! I wish they had a "hugs" emoticon here.

• am sure that you will work it all out....no worries dear. I am glad that you are starting to feel somewhat better...keep hanging around , it does get better and better. ;)

Congrats to your little one...that is a big accomplishment... :)