Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

OH my leg !! Now I know what u all have meant!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
}:) }:) }:) }:) :( :( :( :(

OH MY is all I can say.
I had my fusion back in Sept of 07.
I never had leg pain before or after surgery.
Now I really know where all of you are coming from with it.
It HURTS like the dickens!!!
Just my left leg. No back pain associated. Even though I am having major issues at the moment with my thoracic disks and fusion part of the surgery.
Feels like someone is shooting something in my leg but its constant. I do not mean shooting pain. Just one LONNGG pain and soooooooooo very SHARP. Feels like someone is standing on it and not getting off
I have slept for months through the night.
Now I AM UP!!! I want to cut it off.
Mabye because we went to 2 stores and I walked, which is painful anyway but Iv done it before with no issue like this.
Oh man. I just got up again for the 2nd time. Took tylenol 3 and valium to hopfully sleep for another 2 hrs if that.
Figures when we have a fun filled picnic with a band and everything Saturday.
Always the way right??? :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Now I can honestly say I feel for all of you that have had this.
My poor friend Amber from the old site had horrible pain and still does but it is under the control of meds now.
Its so strange how its not raditing from the tush/groin/hip area.. weirdddddddddddd...
ok edit button I just stood up and oh MY HIP w/ my leg. ME OH MY.

Anyways I think this was more then a rant then anything.
I DO not like this one bit!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Thanks for listening..

• sweetie , I am so sorry that this is happening to you. You have already been through so very much...isn't it about time that you caught a break? I mean for goodness sake...enough already. Well , hon , you know I am here if you need me....anytime at all.....please keep us posted about this , okay? Miki
  • Terri -

I hope that you get in fast to see the MD and they can give you something to relieve the new pain immediately and figure out what to do for a longer term solution. I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of positive well wishes your way.

• I feel your pain!!! I used to look at my leg for marks - expecting to be bleeding or something! How can it hurt that bad with no bruise or blood? :?

• hi ya hun,
    sorry o hear that u got some more probs - ya poor thing -i do feel for you, i know hoe it feels - leg pain is not nice, spk soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I understand what you are going through. I wish I could say it gets better. I hope in your case it does. Mine did not
  • Any improvement? Any contact with the Dr.? Oh, good luck! I know about the looking for marks on the skin - it's like it's not possible to have that kind of pain and nothing that shows for it.
  • You all are the bestest in my book ;) ;)
    I do see the Dr Tuesday the 29th YIPPPEEEEEE.
    The tylenol 3 does nothing. You think it would since I have not had anything for pain in awhile. But hey cannot ask for it all.
    Oh by the end of Sat night OH MAN :jawdrop: I walked from next door , made it to the door and collapsed in the chair and just crieddddddddd. Then I was finally able to get up. Off course it was both legs but only the left w/ the sharp pain.
    Not to bad on Sunday till I went to bed. Then OOPS. So I wrapped the one leg in a heating blanky for about a hour.
    Then finally got to sleep.
    Its sore this morning. But better then before. I imagine it will start in again today. It's just like siatica but with out the butt pain.
    I will keep you up to date!!!!!! So that others suffering and just lurking the fourms having the same issue. May get some relief knowing what mine is. But they need to get to the drs to just incase of nerve damage or a pinched nerve.

Lots of love & hugs
    Terri ;) ;) ;)
  • hi

im 14 years old and i had scoliosis surgery about a month ago!i am now recovering but im mostly in bed!i am now experiencing ALOT of pain in my left thigh and/or sometimes even my pelvis.im not sure why this is!i phoned my spinal nurse and she told me try to move about more but i have been trying this but it keeps on getting worse...i am trying not to lie down but i have 2 in order to make it a little better!!i am starting school after the holidays on the 18th august and i cant afford 2 miss it!!i am going to see my orth surgeon on the 5th august for an x ray!!my occupational therapist was over at my house a couple of days ago to check on me!!she told me dat it might be my nerve getting pulled in thigh but said that i should mention it 2 my doc when i go for a check up!!i sometimes feel that something nice and warm helps with the pain!!

nyways gd luck
  • i completely understand what you guys are talking about. i found that lyrica and lidocaine patches help alot. the lyrica calms the nerve pain but makes you gain weight and go a little loopy on the short term memory and the lidocaine just calms the nerve pain down without the head effects but it takes aprrox 2 hours to work for me. good luck and keep your spirits high.
  • checking in with you Terri to see how you are doing and to see what the doc said. I hope you are feeling better.....now , how many heating blankets have you gone through so far? I know I haven't gone through as many as you yet but I am getting there... ;) You telling me to get a heating blanket was one of the BEST tips that I have ever gotten....thank you sooooo much for that.... :)

Sunny , sweetie , I am so sorry to hear that you are going through so much at such a young age. I don't really have any advice to offer but if you ever need to talk sweetie then please feel free to PM me and I will always get back in touch with you. Please let us know what the doc has to say in your case as well , okay? Hang in there dear.....Miki