Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 Level ACDF with Head Cold

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All,

I've not posted in a while just been in wait mode. Anyway the day of my surgery is finally almost here 7/30 - scheduled for a 3 level acdf c4-c7. Here's my problem i woke up with a head cold last monday and i just can't seem to shake it. Will they still do the surgery even though i have a cold or do you think i will need to reschedule. It took me close to 3 months to get this date. I sure hope not. Has anyone else had the same problem?

I figure I'll have to call the surgeon on Monday anyway but was curious if any one else has had a similar problem.



  • I have no idea but I hope that it doesn't cause a postponement. I wish you the best of luck and please do keep us posted....take care....Miki
  • I would call the Dr's office . ASAP, as you may be able to receive something that could help or at least they could advise you whether it is safe to go to surgery with it. This is a situation where you don't want to take any risks. But on a positive note, I read someplace that a slight cold may not necessitate postponement. To be on the safe side, check with your surgeon.

    Good luck,

  • It must be something about having surgery - I got a sore throat and headache and fever the 2 days before my surgery. I just ate a garlic clove, took vit. C and Airborne and got lots of sleep. It knocked the cold and by Monday I had no fever.

    Isn't there a shot you can get asap to knock a cold and/or fever - call the doc. and see
  • Well it looks like i just got my medical clearance. According to DR no need to postpone for a head cold w/o fever. Thank goodness as i was not really relishing the idea of a postponement.
Sign In or Register to comment.