Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Classic Cars

TammyTTammy Posts: 84
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Water Cooler
Does anyone out there know anything about classic cars? We have a 1969 Mercury Cougar with the original everything in it. It is in storage and we want to sell it. It doesn't actually run, needs a new carborator (spelling), and has some kind of oil leak somewhere. Think someone would want to buy and restore it? If so, how do I find out what it's worth and post it?

• There are a few sources you can thumb through to get an idea
    look on e-bay at a comparably equiped model and maybe ask an auctioneer you trust.
    just asking bubba down the road may just get ya short changed,there is a going market for muscular cars of the era,and depending on the equipment,you may have a tidy sum...or gas money lol,look at the auto trader mags like they got at the corner store,mustaang trader and such sisnce they are sister cars to a point. good luck to ya!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Tammy,

You bet that car is worth something dear. What condition is the body in? Rust mainly? Faded original paint is ok. How is the interior? How many miles on the drive train, ie, engine? If it is all original even better. Matching numbers classic cars are worth a fair bit. Market for classic Cougars is smaller than classic Mustang. They are out there though.

The volume on Cougars is lower than Mustangs. That might help value a lot. Also depends on what Cougar model and options. There are some very rare factory option Cougars out there. Get me some more info and I'll figure out how we can value it. Post here or email me. You got my email address.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Cougar Eliminator or has a 428CJ motor in it you darn right it's worth something. Like Graham said get the details and the VIN number and do some research, you never know what you may have there.
  • Thanks guys! I'll have hubby give me a complete rundown today and post back. Or maybe wait until tomorrow when we can go across to the storage place and take a look. More to come....

• Come on ZO6 it's a Ford product it can't be worth much. ;)
    Joking !!!!!!! 8)

• Hi Tammy ,
    I have just spoken to my husband about this and he says you have a real problem there ! No-one will ever be interested in the pile of rust you have in storage. He thinks your best bet is to ship it over here to Denmark and he will get rid of it for you!

Viking ;)