Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what have I done?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Am now three weeks post op (discectomy L5S1). Sciatic pain is almost totally gone and my back pain is subsiding slowly.
My main problem is now agonising neck and shoulder pain - my meds aren't even touching it and I can't sleep or concentrate on anything! It is 5am just now and I am sitting in tears - it is as if I have just moved the sciatica from by back and leg to my neck and arm.
What can I do?

• If you get real bad call your oncall doctor,or go to the er.....
  • I've just taken some more oxycodone and will give it half an hour before seriously considering a trip to hospital. we have NHS 24 here so will give them a call first to see what they think they can do for me. I'm in Glasgow, Scotland and our casualty departments are not good places to be in the early hours of Sunday morning - I love my City but we have quite a few folk who like a drink and a fight!
    I have just got up to make a cuppa and guess what - the sciatica is back and my foot has gone numb! I just don't understand what is going on. I thought I was getting better...

Apologies for moaning but I just don't know what to do. My body appears to hate me!

• I'm so sorry to hear you are in so much pain!! Please just try to relax, as I'm sure freaking out (which I tend to do when I can't get relief) only will exasperate the situation...

Keep us posted ok?

• Am in much less of a state now but am still upset that the sciatica is back. The whole left side of my body just feels inflamed and angry!

Will contact the docs first thing in the morning and see if they can shed any light.

thanks for being there when I went all wobbly!

• Good to see your calmer now,good luck with you doctor......