Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Almost 5 weeks Post-Op

Christina69CChristina69 Posts: 534
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
It'll be five weeks post-op from my PLIF (L5-S1)on next Tuesday. The pain level I had before surgey was a 7 on a daily basis now thank god, it's been a 1 or 2 (knock on wood). It goes up just a little if I walk too much on my walks but no higher than a 3. I just cant believe the difference the surgery made. My surgeon deserves an award especially when I read some of the peoples stories on here of how their pain shifted after their surgeries and the trouble they have with their doctors.
I started walking on a treadmill doing a mile a day a couple days ago which makes it much easier for me to get my exercise in.
Sitting doesnt bother me as long as the chair has a nice straight back.
I have no problems getting in and out of bed and shifting from side to side.
I have even been able to be intimate with my hubby on my fourth week again with no pain afterwards (of course the positions are of most importance).
I still get tired if I'm out shopping with my hubby and stuff and usually have a little nap when I get home but I can handle that. ;)
It's just such a relief to start getting my life back. Sometimes I get scared thinking that its going too good and somethings gonna happen yet but I keep a positive attitude and thank goodness everythings still going well.

I'm also thankful for all you spiney friends on here for sharing your stories and experiences so that I could be more educated for what I was going through. You guys and gals are great :)

Anyway...Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Best Wishes to Everyone,

Christina :)