Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery is approved!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Good News
Finally my surgery has been approved and is going forward as planned on Aug 5th.

This started as a workmans' comp case. But as soon as surgery was mentioned they went balistic. They scheduled me for a 2nd opinion with another orthopedic surgeon just 6 days before my surgery...real nice. I've been dealing with this pain since April. Ive had work limitations. I work the 8hrs and then spend the rest of my awake hrs in bed due to the pain. Ive been unable to walk, do anything outside, missed most of my son's ballgames, some concerts etc etc. I want my life back!!!! besides dealing with gaining 15lbs..

So finally on Thursday we got the call....my insurance has approved the surgery as a medical claim. So I don't have to worry about workman comp's decision. I am so ready to move on with my life.

So I am celebrating and looking forward to my life after recovery!!!! :D :D

• :) what wonderful news! you have the opporutnity to be living a pain free life!! what joy there must be in that! be sure to keep us posted as soon as you can post op. we want to help you through recovery. good luck again! Jenny :)
  • Thanks for the kind words Jenny...I will take all the good luck wishes I can get...

I will definitely be checking in during recovery!!

Thanks again
  • About time this get resolved Christy! Forget WC and move on. You found a new surgeon that can get the job done! Glad your insurance company approved.

Good luck with the surgery. Time to get back out there and go for those walks and get to those ball games.
  • this is a good news.Graham is right.If you have a good insurance,forget WC.Just more pain in the butt.As if you don't hurt enough already.Good luck with surgery,and let the games begin...Mom Cristy will be watching,right!

• Went to my 2nd opinion doc that WC made me go to...Independent Medical Exam or whatever...

That was scary...Went to the office and the guys name on the door was handwritten on cardboard!! :jawdrop: Geee does that sound shady to you???? He was creepy!!

• Did he ask you to touch your toes or jump up and down.............LMAO !!!!! :jawdrop:

Christy......awesome news !
    I hope everything turns out well and you can start living your life pain free again.

Wonderful news hon. YIPPY !!!!!!!!

• I went to an IME arranged by the defense attorney. It was a psychiatrist, as I am under that type of care already for depression due to chronic pain.
    I looked up this doc on the web....he was originally educated as a dentist!!!!
    Plus, these IME docs...work in several locations.
    I laughed so hard when I read this about name on cardboard....I think of these characters as Rent-A-Docs :P They dont do anything to you that will expose your pain, so they dont have to lie when the dont document it.

thanks for the giggle