Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anterior discectomy with spine fusion c5/c6 with bone graft from hip

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Exercise and Rehab
Anterior discectomy without spine fusion c5/c6 with bone graft from hip

Anterior discectomy without spine fusion c5/c6 with bone graft from hip

before surgy i had the arm sensation as well as weakness in legs cold feet difficulty walking burning sensation in lims. the dianosis was my spinal cord was serverly compressed.

no back pain

post surgery i felt like i was cured.

its now three weeks on my hip hurts cannot sleep have pain in hands and feet and hip. as well as servre neck pian,,,,,,,whats going on????

Also can someone tell me , theres alot here about returning to office jobs, well i repiar heavy machinery nothing is under 20kgs and its physicaly challenging will i be able to do manaul labour again????

would really apprieciate some advice

• I'm one of those folks at an office job, but I can tell you that a large part of my physical therapy is weight training for my shoulders, back and arms. On my own, I am working on legs and core. So definitely get all the strength back that you can, but in some ways you may be better off than those of us stuck behind a keyboard stressing out our cervical spine.

I had a wide variety of pain in the months following surgery. Biggest cause was being up for a long period of time would aggravate the nerves around where the surgery was - your head is just heavy, and where you had the surgery is the spot responsible for holding it up. So take the load off on a frequent basis - even if you don't feel like lying down, your neck may be worn out from holding your head up. The other frustrating thing is once I aggravate a nerve, it takes a few days to go away, even with enough rest.

Hang in there.
  • Hello James,
    Not sure that I can give you a answer about going back to your job. I am a Plumber and my doctors have told me that I will not be able to go back to my job, unless it is at my own risk. I know the risks and at this time I am not willing to push myself into them. Only your doctors can say for sure what you can do or not do. I do not think there is a simple yes or no. I have been out since November of 2007 and things are not looking good for getting back to a job in 2008 yet. I know it is not easy to do nothing, but try to make the best of things and not over do it.