Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain hypersensitivity

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:) Just another question i have! LOL.
does anyone experience alot of pain with nerve damage.I've noticed an increase pain on my right side for the last few years,hoping it will decrease or go away soon. but this pain is so out of whack compared to what i feel on my left. If something touched or hit me on my left side i would just maybe have an unconfortable feeling happen where as if it hit my right i would go through the roof with pain.What is that all about,i don't understand it.Does anyone have that problem?
I would really love some help understanding this. :)

• my pain is in my arms,rightleg and hip and my left ankle and foot.i'm on gabapentin,have been for a few years now.it works better then anything i've taken so far.but i have to be really careful about how much to push myself or the pain will get really bad.i've also been told at times that my legs have looked swollen and before the surgery i was told that my arms were swollen so i don't know if that is all part of it or not.prior to the surgery i did have bad pain in my ribs and lower back as well but since the surgery that has been gone just some muscle pain from exercising.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,368
    Are you currently taking pain medication?
    How long have you been on it?
    What type?

There is a hypersensitivity syndrome that is associated with long term opiate use.

Don't know if this may apply to you, just asking.

Peace to you and yours,

Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)

• No i'm not on opiods. The pain i'm feeling was there even before the surgery,my therapists noticed that i was having extreme pain sensations when i really shouldn't have been.I take Gabapentin daily but i really think its from that because this problem started before i was put on this medication.Other than that maybe once or twice a week i might take a Tylenol 3 if the pain gets over whelming.Before surgery i was told that i may have fibromyalgia and was sent to a rhuematologist who examined me a few times but he said no that i didn't have it he thought that all my pain was coming from my spine.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,368
    an updated MRI .... Hardware can fail .... new heriniations can develop .... See your ortho or NS and DEMAND an explanation .... We don't go through surgery to Not get resolution of our problems.

Prayers are comming for you,

Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)

• well when i was at the surgeons in june the x-rays showed everything was fine .i'm only three months out of surgery so whether things haven't had a long enough opportunity to calm down and heal i don't know.my surgeons first words to me were i can't guarantee that surgery will help the pain,he was doing it so that i didn't become paralyzed.i don't go back again until october for my check up.i really appreciate your thoughts on my problem.its been very difficult try to do therapy with the pain.i want and think that i could push myself much harder if i didn't have to contend with it when i go.
This discussion has been closed.