Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Gemini-Drea is Ignoring me?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Water Cooler
How come I can't login to chat? A popup messagebox says:

"'gemini-drea' is ignoring your messages."

No matter how many times I click OK the messagebox doesn't go away. Gemini-drea isn't even showing as in the chat. Is this a hack or something? Why is gemini-drea ignoring me anyways? Did I do something wrong?

• If you have a problem like that pm one of the moderaters they should be able to help you...
  • i am getting locked out of chat, even though i was already chatting with no problem.....maybe something in your settings......i am getting the same message with your screen name.
    and no I'm not a hack

Mods please help
  • I ignored you because you ignored me. Apparently if you are on someone's ignore list in chat, you can't get in IF they are in. I got in when you logged out and then you couldn't get in because I ignored you LOL (hey, you deserved it ;).

I used /unignore so you should be able to get in, but please unignore me to fix the problem.
  • Look, I didnt KNOW ignore on this chat program meant "LOCK OUT". I will un-ignore you...any other forums I have had chat did not do that. I was polite to you in chat, you made some off color comments about my friends (totally uncalled for remark)....and I didn't need to see/read anymore of your of humor. :sick:
  • I uningnored her, but she did not uningnore me. I can't get back in paulga. I'm going to bed now though, but gemini-drea needs to check her settings.

/uningnore backhurtz247

• Yet another example of the software malfunctioning, now causing social unrest.

Cheers, Mate
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    This CHAT code has been the Same code that existed with the old PunBB Forum..
    The Ignore function acted the same way on the old site.
    Last we checked, it was an item that the Tufat developers (owners of Flashchat) indicated working as designed.
    There are Chat substitutes, but so far none of them have the features that most people use and enjoy here.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Mate - While I agree that this Drupal software is poor at being a Forum. I agree with Ron. FlashChat has nothing to do with the new forum. We had the same problem on the old forum with it. Same software. 2 people start playing with the Ignore button and it breaks.
  • My point was that whatever the software component, it is unfortunate that another user can see if you have them on "ignore". It's just a privacy feature issue in my mind.

I use the chat often enough and like it myself. I had assumed it was home developed, so I was wrong on that.

Cheers, Mate
  • I doubt seriously that one little ignore button would be enough to bring on civil disobedience or social unrest. Buttons don't cause unrest, other people do.

I go into the chat room to connect with others and enjoy a few laughs. I tend to have a warped sense of humor. If, at any time I feel as if my behavior is making others uncomfortable (heh, it has happened) i apologize and knock it off.

Common social sense dictates that we are in a shared space and need to respect each other. There are also several different rooms so that some can chat about medical and the rowdies can move to the lounge.
  • I had the same issues when I was ignored by Gem. I could not chat with anyone, no matter how many times I clicked the box.
  • This entire post has been deleted. The only purposed this serve was to try to rehash a problem that happened a while ago and to create new problems.
    This type of posting will not be allowed

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health Administrator
  • OOps duplicate post :P