Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

SCS trial next week - Nuvectra

jimandjrjjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 391
edited 10/04/2016 - 4:15 PM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Just called my doctor to find out what brand of SCS trial I get next week and the device is made by Nuvectra. Last month, my PM told me it is so new that I will be the first of his patients to try it out. I tried searching Nuvectra and got no hits on spine health. The device is called Algovita. 
I would appreciate any info that anyone may have on this new device. Thanks. 
advertisement

Comments

• jimandjrjjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 391
    Today is the day before my temp Nuvectra SCS implant. Getting anxious. This is not my normal rhizotomy procedure which I have many each year.  Docs will be cutting me tomorrow and I will have wires hanging out of my back for a week. Not sure why wires hang out....TBH. I'll be blogging progress all along. 
    Got my nuvectra scs temp unit this morning. Hurts to get in and out of car. Just to ride home was tough. Vicodin barely touched pain. Added tizanadine to relax lumbar a bit. Post op was great. Nuvectra reps explained everything. Get temp unit out Tuesday.  
  • advertisement
  • AndyShutzAAndyShutz Lake forest Posts: 15
    Hello Jimandjr,
    Curious how your trial is going? I was told this may be my next step. Since you heard the sales pitch I won't bore you other than the leadership is well vetted in the industry having been some of the original designers of this technology. I've had a STIM that didn't pan out, the new candidate may be Nuvectra. 
    edited 10/16/2016 - 1:06 AM
    Thanks for asking Andy. Had install on Friday morning it's now Saturday night. The install went well lots of pain on the ride home and lots of pain after I got home so I couldn't barely touched it wasn't able to eat much when I did eat I just threw it all up last night. That could have been some reaction to the anesthesia. At least that's what the nuvectra rep said. I told him I had about 50 day surgeries in the last 4 years and they gave me some anti-nausea before and after the surgery but of course that was after many hours of being at home last night. I discovered something late tonight I was kind of afraid to crank this thing up. the rep of course went over the settings in post up with me to light to medium to heavy. the heavy vibrates everything from the lumbar to the buttocks to the thigh to past the knee I've got it cranked up so much right now that even my toes are vibrating. But on the high setting the spine stimulator can hide a multitude of sins / pains. It can even hide the surgical pain on a super high setting and that's where I'm at now just sitting in the recliner watching football I'm just done program one just the basic vibration and the sales rep set up two or three more programs that we won't be testing until Sunday Monday or Tuesday he said I'll have plenty of time to test all of those settings when I get the permanent one installed soon.  I'm only one and a half days in but I feel like I have to try this permanent device. surgical pain was /is pretty hard to take but it's just growing pains if you asked me. I really like the remote control it's just another fob on my keychain with my car fob and my gate opener fob for the parking area.
    Been talking to the Nuvectra rep each day since surgery. We have stuck to program 1 which is constant vibration. We will try the program that is non-paresthesia tomorrow night before it is removed in Tues afternoon. 
  • advertisement
  • AndyShutzAAndyShutz Lake forest Posts: 15
    The non-parasthesia mode is the big benefit this unit is supposed to offer. If you are at a point that you feel you need to pursue it, that is a good thing and it will probably get better. With my trial, I felt like I could go for a walk and notice the things that were muted by the pain. Sounds like your new Fob, the tv remote and some rest and you are good to go. Let me know how it goes.
    To be honest, I was not aware this unit had a non-parasthesia mode. My PM told me to get this unit and I always listen to him. I was asking the rep about the other programs yesterday. He felt we wait till last minute to use non-parasthesia mode since reg program is working so good. I had bone spurs removed from my ankle in the 90s. I apply 5% lidocaine daily to me ankle for extreme pain. This SCS has even helped my ankle pain. Unreal? But true. Loving this unit so far. 
    edited 10/17/2016 - 7:45 AM
    The Nuvectra rep told me never to turn the SCS off unless I am driving. I turn it way down while sleeping. The strong vibrations disturb my sleep. The rep says the SCS still helps me even on low settings. In post op, he also said whether I use it on low, medium, high, or very high settings is a personal decision. He says everyone is different. Tonight will be my first night to try the non-parasthesia mode while I sleep.
    I really love the straight vibrating program. I tried the non-parasthesia mode for a few minutes today and it did not do anything. My lumbar pain was back to normal. I suspect my pain needs more than usual vibrations from the unit to help me. Good to know before I get this removed tomorrow. 
    Decided to give the silent mode one more chance. Drove two blocks to get dinner. It's working good. Is this the mode that will be used at a job or out in public? I hope so. It's hard to walk and function with bottom half of body vibrating. 
advertisement