Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post-op films

inafixiinafix Posts: 158
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey y'all I will be 3 weeks post-op on Thursday and I had my first post-op X-rays yesterday afternoon. I was able to get a copy and so I uploaded one of my pics here as my avatar. It kind of blows my mind that this is me! My x-ray. You know you see others here at SH and in the thousands of googles you did/do but this one is actually my repaired spine. The good news is I am doing very well. I was told my recovery time from my surgery would be 3-6 months. I am hoping to be up and ready to get going by the 12 week mark. I know I have a lot of healing to do yet and that there is a long way to go but I'm feeling better every day. Isn't technology amazing? As far as I can see everything looks good in there. I have my second post-op appointment next week so we will see what my NS thinks about my new pics.

Just thought I'd share.

Kelly Jo
advertisement

Comments

• It's very cool to see what you got in there! Good luck with your recovery and keep us posted! :)
  • I've been trying to get a good avatar - but dang, can't it small without lots of blurriness.

It's not like I'm new to message boards, I'm just too brain-wiped to concentrate that way still.

It is weird to look at the films and think - this is me. I still have a hard time realizing I had complications and I may be left with a permanent disability - it's just too weird, how could this be me?
  • I'd love to post my "lovely" three level fusion, but all I have are the HUGE x-rays. Can I scan it, then make it smaller, or what would you suggest? :?
  • This last set I had done were converted to disk but I did have some back in the spring that were the large films and in order to share with my friends I took a picture with my digial camera while holding the film up to my front glass door. Not the greatest quality but good enough to detect my spondy. Now these were copies, not the ones my NS needed and I still have copies of everything.

Then I use Irfanview when I need to resize.
  • I'm going to try the shot through a window thing. I'll never forget the first time I saw my x-ray. It kinda made me nauseated and a little closterphobic, knowing I have all this titanium in my back, forever... It was really wierd the first time my husband saw it. He almost started to cry. But it's really a good thing to have your significant other be involved in this process from the beginning to end, then they truely understand what your going through.

I've read post after post on this web-site where spouses are real jerks in not helping and having any empathy, but it's the ones that were'nt involved in the process. I was very lucky, and still am at 25 weeks post-op, cause he helps me all the time. It's a good thing.... :)
  • I want to be a member of this site, but can't get logged in. Have changed password twice and name. Can anyone please help.

My email address is mrlee54@hotmail.com

I really want to be a part of this side and have many questions to ask. I had double fusion PLIF five weeks ago.
  • ok here is Radiology report
    There is reversal of the normal cervical lordosis. Aprrox. 1.omm of anterolisthesis of T1 on T2 which appears to be assocaited with prominent facet arthritic changes at this level.

IMPRESSION: 1. Central disc protrusion at C2-3 indents the anterior thecal sac and deforms the anterior aspect of the cervical spinal cord at this level without underlying cord signal abnormalitiy.
    2. Central protrusion at T2-3 does mildly indent the anterior thecal sac.
    C4-5 demostrates a broad based disc osteophyte complex and unconvertebral spurring. This does partially efface the CSF space within the spinal canal and contributes to bilaterial neuroforaminal narrowing. There is more if I could scan this report and send in. THANKS for whomever can help me.
  • da, da,..da, da.... Andimage here she is!!! The "Bionic Woman"
advertisement