Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi from Missouri

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in New Member Introductions
I found out on Friday that I have spina bidida occulta and at that time was told I had spondylosis. Today I went in for my MRI and my paper work said spina bifida occulta and stage 2 spondylothesis. I have to talk to my doctor about all this. I have tons of questions and the internet isn't really helping me in the way that I want. I found this site and felt like I belong here, with others that can relate. Thanks for allowing me to post.

Stephanie from Missouri :)

• welcome to spine-health.....
  • Welcome to spine-health from a fellow missourian. There is a lot of information here to take in. I think you will find a lot of support here as well as others going through the same issues as yourself. I'm a neckie so much help to give you. Good luck and welcome to spine health.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you should be pleased to have a diagnosis. now you can start forming a treatment plan. good luck and i will see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • Believe it or not in alot of ways you are really lucky to have a diagnosis. At least they will know how to treat you and your pain. So many of us go undiagnosed in severe pain and feel like guinea pigs sometimes as we try one procedure after another. You do belong here and we are glad to have you. Please keep us posted with your progress and just anytime you want/need to talk.
  • Yes, it is really nice to know what is wrong with me now. I went to the doctor for the first time 12 years ago (I was 19) because I was in extreme pain and the only thing the doc did was questions and then tell me I have arthritis. :? figured the pain was just from being involved in so many sports, so I accepted it and moved on. But when I hurt my back last month and couldn't move, I knew I needed to go to the doc. She just gave me a bunch of drugs and said to exercise and see a chiropractor. Well, I never saw the chiropractor and only took the meds for a few days because they knocked me out and I have 3 young children that I need to care for. So, on my 2 week follow up I finally got an x-ray. It took 2 weeks to get the results back and only a couple days to schedule the MRI. Should have those results at the end of this week.

Painintheback...I definitely can related to the guinea pig feeling! I hate it!!

Jenny...I'll know more this week, I hope. When I was first told, it was from a secretary or something. She had no clue what she was saying...said something about L1, L3, L5 and then a bunch of stuff that she had now clue about. She did tell me I had spina bifida. Color me shocked! :O I asked her to have the doc call me back so she can tell me exactly what the x-ray showed. Of course, she didn't and I got someone else, but at least she could tell me spina bifida. Still, lots more info I need!

I'll post when I find out exactly what everything is.

Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to know that there are others out there who can relate to what I'm going through.

Stephanie :)
  • Hi Stephanie from Mo

I now live in Mo and i had my back surgery one year ago this month! I also have Spondy, Severe Spinal Stenosis, Severe DDD, Ostoperosis,(spelling?)very large tumor ,17cc" removed 7-10-08 so it did affect my back and that's way it still hurts!!

I forgot i had Lumbar Laminnectomy same time as fusion,L4 to L5! I do understand your pain and fear! We in this forum have gone thru some of the same issues and i'm sure they will give what information they can to help!

I welcome you to the forum and if you have questions please ask!

Evelyn :)

Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.